Class of 2016 - DE Jamal Holloway (NJ) to UNLV | Page 19 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2016 DE Jamal Holloway (NJ) to UNLV

But according to Holloway and Camden head coach Dwayne Savage, the 6-3, 215-pounder recently re-took the test and received the SAT test score required to qualify per the NCAA's sliding scale.

And now he's ready to go to college and play football.

First stop was Rutgers as Holloway swung by the school Saturday in hopes of re-attaining an offer. However, it doesn't appear at this point that he'll end up in New Brunswick.

"They were basically just telling me they really like my pass rushing abilities and they like my game overall. But they told me they don't wanna extend an offer to me because of how much I weigh right now. They want me to be like 230 so they can put more weight one me so when I get there I would be 260 and a big defensive lineman pretty much."
--

Old Dominion, Tennessee Tech, Monmouth and a slew of other schools have displayed interest, recently.

But prior to his Syracuse commitment, Holloway held offers from Pitt, Arizona State, Michigan State, North Carolina, Rutgers, West Virginia, Virginia and others.

But according to Holloway and Camden head coach Dwayne Savage, the 6-3, 215-pounder recently re-took the test and received the SAT test score required to qualify per the NCAA's sliding scale.

And now he's ready to go to college and play football.

First stop was Rutgers as Holloway swung by the school Saturday in hopes of re-attaining an offer. However, it doesn't appear at this point that he'll end up in New Brunswick.

"They were basically just telling me they really like my pass rushing abilities and they like my game overall. But they told me they don't wanna extend an offer to me because of how much I weigh right now. They want me to be like 230 so they can put more weight one me so when I get there I would be 260 and a big defensive lineman pretty much."
--

Old Dominion, Tennessee Tech, Monmouth and a slew of other schools have displayed interest, recently.

But prior to his Syracuse commitment, Holloway held offers from Pitt, Arizona State, Michigan State, North Carolina, Rutgers, West Virginia, Virginia and others.

"He is a two-sport athlete, who initially had plans of walking-on the Syracuse basketball team in conjunction with playing football on scholarship."

Would really help with basketball depth next year. Just saying . . . . .

How does he still have eligibility?