Class of 2016 - DE Jamal Holloway (NJ) to UNLV | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2016 DE Jamal Holloway (NJ) to UNLV

I feel like halloway is ours to lose at this point. The real question is about Neal. Hopefully Wake was a meh visit for him and we are still by and large the better school for him.

Jek did you get any info about Moe's visit to Wake?(that can be shared of course)

I didn't realize what a terrific basketball player he is, too. He's got more than 1,200 career points.
Boo! What is this "hybrid" position you speak of for Neal?

Also great to know Halloway is a baller, makes him a more appealing target to me. Not that he wouldn't have been otherwise, but multi sport athletes usually can translate skills from those sports to football pretty easily.

If we lose a kid to Temple or ODU I'm quitting as a fan

I'm sure that's what some Florida and Michigan fans said last year about us when we got Clark and Pickard

It happens not every kid is looking for purely the best football opportunity they can get (thank goodness, otherwise we would be completely screwed) sometimes other schools can offer something we can't, be it academics, location, friends that go there, any number of things.

If that's all it takes for you to leave as a fan, your ties to SU probably aren't particularly strong to begin with.

I hope his frame can support a lot more weight. When I've watched his tape, it looks to me (not a football guru by any means) like his skill set is more suited toward DT. I know he's about 80 lbs from that being realistic. still hope we land him on Tuesday!

Hey great news. The Temple guy on the Crystal Ball site flipped his pick to Temple, no one is picking SU. It's in the bag for us! :)

Sportsmom ‏@Nholloway76 9h9 hours ago
To skinny needs to eat more ran 4.98 . Ask all the QB he has sacked HB/FB for losses. Reading forums have to get used to fan criticism! 1/2

Realtime 4.6 doesn't matter on the field, he will be tough on the next level! Wherever he goes they are getting a gem!

Love the Fan love he is getting Thank You! It's just tough seeing negativity before he even commits to a school! #Tuedaystheday

To skinny needs to eat more ran 4.98 . Ask all the QB he has sacked HB/FB for losses. Reading forums have to get used to fan criticism! 1/2

Realtime 4.6 doesn't matter on the field, he will be tough on the next level! Wherever he goes they are getting a gem!

Love the Fan love he is getting Thank You! It's just tough seeing negativity before he even commits to a school! #Tuedaystheday

Just in case people on fan forums didn't think that the kids and their friends and parents come to see what is being said about a recruit.

Just in case people on fan forums didn't think that the kids and their friends and parents come to see what is being said about a recruit.

You think her comments are related to posts on this forum or others? I can't tell, but I'm thinking the first was from this forum at least.

Sportsmom, I think it's safe to say many, many of us believe he is a gem and would be a great addition to SU. Here's hoping he picks SU regardless of any thoughts by fans.

If the coaches want him, I want him. It's as simple as that.
That and the fact that his offer list and tape should speak for themselves. He's a fast, long, athlete with a mean streak and a motor. There's nothing not to like about this prospect. I could easily see him put on weight and stay at the DE position. If he can't, then he turns into a Dyshawn Davis type of outside linebacker.

Also a commit from Jamal along with the commit from Dymelle solidify our position with Camden HS, who turns out D1 prospects every year.

Everything to like here, no one should question the coaches on this one. Really hope he picks the Cuse on Tuesday.

His long lanky body reminds me a bit of Mathias Kiwanuka. Can play end or outside if needed.

Jason taylor was an undersize end that could switch from the edge to linebacker. Being skinny isnt a problem, the kids a junior and has the frame to put on significant gains. Im excited to see him hopefully choose orange.

This kid would be a bigtime pickup for us. I hope he's Orange, because we will all be very happy watching this kid play for Cuse for the next 4-5 years.

His commit also keeps the pipeline into Jersey flowing, and for that Mr. Acosta, we are very grateful.

I'd just like to also add, anyone thinking he's too skinny, PLEASE remember: he's only a high school junior, and has been primarily a basketball player up until recently. He appears to have just started playing football within the past couple years. So being 215 with a good, athletic frame is a great starting point. There's no reason to think that within the next year, he couldn't add 15-20 pounds of muscle, and then keep bulking up during a redshirt season to get to about 245-250 by the time he ever sees the field.