Class of 2016 - DE Jamal Holloway (NJ) to UNLV | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2016 DE Jamal Holloway (NJ) to UNLV

I'd just like to also add, anyone thinking he's too skinny, PLEASE remember: he's only a high school junior, and has been primarily a basketball player up until recently. He appears to have just started playing football within the past couple years. So being 215 with a good, athletic frame is a great starting point. There's no reason to think that within the next year, he couldn't add 15-20 pounds of muscle, and then keep bulking up during a redshirt season to get to about 245-250 by the time he ever sees the field.

His current size is fine. Hopefully he understands he will need a redshirt year, but he has a frame that looks perfect for adding good weight. Plus he has the speed to make up for any size deficiencies. He will have to work on leverage and technique, but Daoust will take care of all that stuff. He's a fine looking prospect to me.

Wasn't Otis Hill a highly coveted football prospect at TE and DE with offers including Michigan if I recall? I think Mel Tuten was recruited as a TE at first too. Point is a lot can change once these kids focus on one sport and work to get better at that only.

If we get Holloway, and then land Hendon Hooker next year, we could have a hell of a 3-on-3 basketball squad between those two and Jamal Custis. Custis had D1 offers, Holloway averaged about 17 and 12 last year, and Hooker is a rising D1 prospect in hoops as well as football.

If we get Holloway, and then land Hendon Hooker next year, we could have a hell of a 3-on-3 basketball squad between those two and Jamal Custis. Custis had D1 offers, Holloway averaged about 17 and 12 last year, and Hooker is a rising D1 prospect in hoops as well as football.
I just want them to win at football. I'll let battle and company take care of the hoop side of things.

tumblr_men98ir3Bd1rlapeio1_500.gif

Hope I'm wrong

Curious as to what gives you pause.
Nothing at all. I have no knowledge. Just seems as if we've been on a pretty good run here, and I've been waiting to use that gif. :)