Class of 2016 - DE Jamal Holloway (NJ) to UNLV | Page 7 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2016 DE Jamal Holloway (NJ) to UNLV

CLBGOo1VAAEvPTM.jpg:large

Kinda looks like Boobie Miles, awesome get in 2 years when he fills out, look out!

Free Article...

Syracuse has landed their top defensive end target in the 2016 class. Camden (N.J.) High defensive end Jamal Holloway announced his decision to commit to the Orange Tuesday afternoon.
”I just felt like it was the best place for me,” Holloway said. “Being with my teammate Dymelle Parker, growing a stronger bond with him and the coaching staff. I really enjoyed everything I saw from them and I actually want to know more about them.
”They’ve got great academics out there too.”
Syracuse assistant Bobby Acosta has been at the forefront of Holloway’s recruitment, much like he was for Parker. That strong relationship, developed over several months, was critically important in why Holloway ultimately chose the Orange.
”It was a big factor,” he said. “I kind of talk to him at least every day. He talks to me about the recruiting process and everything. He said I have to find the right school for myself that will help me in the future.”
Holloway thinks he found that in Syracuse. But coach Acosta wasn’t the only coach that had an impact on his recruitment. The success of defensive line coach Tim Daoust was also paramount in his decision.
”When I spoke to him, he told me from the beginning that, kind of his favorite word is ‘max you out,’” Holloway said. “He wants to get the best out of you. He wants to make you the best player out there. So that kind of made me interested knowing he’s going to get the best out of you.”
Analysis
When the ball is snapped, Holloway is quick and his first step allows him to gain the edge on the offensive lineman. He lines up at end and tackle on Camden'd defensive line, and he is quick to get his hands up and disrupt the offensive lineman's initial punch. He has good length and uses it well to corral a ball carrier. He needs to work on his flexibility, particularly in the upper body, and be quick with his change of direction. -- Brian Dohn

The 6-foot-4 defensive lineman also sees a perfect fit within Syracuse’s defensive system. One in which he believes he can have a lot of success.
”They told me they want me to pretty much do the same thing that I do in high school,” Holloway said. “Being a pass rusher but also having some structure when doing it. He (coach Daoust) wants me to work on my hands and getting bigger on the line. That’s pretty much what everybody says.
”He told me I’m going to have the same kind of role I did in high school, just with more structure with it.”
Not only was Syracuse a good fit system wise and with their coaching staff, but the strong academics that the school provides always stood out to Holloway.
”It was very important to me,” he said. “I want to get the best out of the school that I can.”
With his decision out of the way, Holloway has a message for Syracuse fans on what they can expect from him.
”They can expect 100%,” he said. “I’m going to give 100% on the field and 100% in academics. I’m going to give it my all.”
Holloway is Syracuse's 13th commitment in the 2016 class. He chose the Orange over offers from Temple, Old Dominion, Pittsburgh, Virginia, Rutgers and Michigan State.