Class of 2016 - DE Jamal Holloway (NJ) to UNLV | Page 8 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2016 DE Jamal Holloway (NJ) to UNLV

Jamal wants to walk on to the hoops team. He's scored more than 1200 points so far in his career, and averaged 17 and 12 last year. Not a bad practice player to have.

You wanna know what a joke the 2 4 7 Crystal Ball is? Jamal announced his decision at 12:11 PM (my time, Central). Here are the three "correct" predictors, and what times they logged their "predictions":

Screen Shot 2015-07-28 at 12.33.38 PM.png

I looked at the Crystal Ball after 1 ET/12 CT to see any updates, and those predictions were NOT there. They were only entered after he announced.

You wanna know what a joke the 2 4 7 Crystal Ball is? Jamal announced his decision at 12:11 PM (my time, Central). Here are the three "correct" predictors, and what times they logged their "predictions":

View attachment 48661

I looked at the Crystal Ball after 1 ET/12 CT to see any updates, and those predictions were NOT there. They were only entered after he announced.

100% prediction rate.

View attachment 48661

Thanks for this. I've decided to scrap using them for any insight. Thought the system was better than that. Not surprised that all three are Rutgers journos.

Just watched his film for the first time, pleasantly surprised. Tons of potential.

the nj state fans are calling him too slow and too small- they are happy they didnt get him-and he was only a 3 lowly star not the 4 stars players they are due now that they are in the big

if that isnt enough proof that this kid will be a hall of fame player i don t know what is -

The people calling him 'too slow' have clearly never watched his film. Yes, he only runs a 4.98 (for now). But how often does a DL run 40 yards? What matters is his initial burst, and Jamal's is fantastic. And he's going to add another 25-30 pounds by the time he ever gets on the field for SU, so he'll be FAR from too small. The kid has the potential to wreak absolute havoc as an edge rusher.

Kid's got a great burst and greets every ballcarrier with bad intentions. Me likey.

The people calling him 'too slow' have clearly never watched his film. Yes, he only runs a 4.98 (for now). But how often does a DL run 40 yards? What matters is his initial burst, and Jamal's is fantastic. And he's going to add another 25-30 pounds by the time he ever gets on the field for SU, so he'll be FAR from too small. The kid has the potential to wreak absolute havoc as an edge rusher.

Think many make the mistake that a 40 time is indicative of how fast a kid is on the field. That isn't always true.

Not to mention, Jerry Rice ran a 4.71 in the 40. He turned out okay.
Alec Lemon ran a 4.59. Think he did alright in Orange.

But since we're talking DE here.. Calais Campbell ran a 4.85; Greg Hardy ran a 4.96; Sheldon Richardson 5.02; and JJ Watt ran a 4.81. I'd say judging a DE off 40 time might be a little overrated.