Class of 2016 - DE Jaquwan Nelson (FL) SIGNED LOI | Page 12 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2016 DE Jaquwan Nelson (FL) SIGNED LOI

nice headline bailey. what a dik. it's really never ending with these clowns.

New coaching staff so I think I’ll negative slant headlines. I’m sure a NEW staff will be on board with that and treat me better than the old staff did.

You. Don’t. Get. It.

nice headline bailey. what a dik. it's really never ending with these clowns.

New coaching staff so I think I’ll negative slant headlines. I’m sure a NEW staff will be on board with that and treat me better than the old staff did.

You. Don’t. Get. It.

I give him credit when it's due, but, once again, I cant stand his slant. Constantly backhanding everything.

It's not our fault you were picked last in gym class.

Gotta say, thought he was gone, happy he ended up at Cuse!

Headline: With no room at Georgia, 3-star DE Jaquwan Nelson sticks with Syracuse football

Article: Nelson had already been leaning toward staying with the Orange. "He had been saying, 'Syracuse, Syracuse, Syracuse,' pretty much all day in school," Dunbar said. "I think it was just confirmation toward what he was thinking.

I understand that Georgia affirmed the decision but you don't need phrase the headline in that way.

I give him credit when it's due, but, once again, I cant stand his slant. Constantly backhanding everything.

It's not our fault you were picked last in gym class.

exactly. it's backhanded and there's just no reason for it.

There is plenty of negatively "out there" including on this board. However, the P-S can be very negative and maybe they think it sells (or generates more clicks that positive slants)... but it turns a lot of people off. Bud, of course, leads the charge of negativity.

I could have simply been the case of when his school can witness it and celebrate.

And he shall be known as Jaquwan "Tipsy" Nelson.

I wrote my own when I started in that industry.

Maybe at a really small paper but not at a paper of any significance. You might be able to suggest it, but it's generally an editor that handles that.

Are you referring to Nipsey Russell?
Nope he's talkin J-Kwon!
5bc605de611e9bbecc35a0f7d416870e1d1dc78a0fd9a4c536ea2cab8f6c788f.jpg

Maybe at a really small paper but not at a paper of any significance. You might be able to suggest it, but it's generally an editor that handles that.
Well, maybe I had a really cool Managing Editor, but, I was at a paper with a larger circulation than the PS.

I think people on this board are really sensitive. I'm not trying to be a and I used to be a journalist so maybe I'm the one who's sensitive in the other direction. I think the story does a good job of accurately reporting what was going on with the recruit. It's certainly not anti-Syracuse. The headline could have been better but I don't really read it as slamming syracuse. I don't know, all in all I think it's a good story with a not-great but hardly inflammatory headline. :noidea:

Well, maybe I had a really cool Managing Editor, but, I was at a paper with a larger circulation than the PS.

And you were writing and then laying out your story?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom