Class of 2017 - DE Kingsley Jonathan (NC) COMMITTED & SIGNED to SYRACUSE | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2017 DE Kingsley Jonathan (NC) COMMITTED & SIGNED to SYRACUSE

You really can't blame the kid in this as he was brought over from Nigeria and sold a dream to him.Now that he cleared his conscious I hope everything goes good for him and stays on the up and up and the others get some serious jail time.

It appears his family is still overseas today which can make young kids even more vulnerable. I hope Babers can make a huge impact with this kid and gives him the chance to succeed in life.Beat out some big programs for him.

His offer sheet may be the best yet that we nailed...Hopefully

Nigeria.jpg

I have got to think there is going to be a qualifying issue here. Maybe the staff already plans on him prepping.

Honestly there is little chance this kid is going to be cleared. I mean I love the list so we should do everything we can to eventually get him on the field at this position of need. I believe Ziggy Ansah was from Ghana and had some issues before enrolling at BYU.

This kid skipping 2 years if he had credits from Nigeria though would make sense.

I have to believe the staff thinks he can clear if they are actively recruiting him.

Even if it's a little shaky he's worth the risk as being a part of this class going forward will help us land other legit players.

I have to believe the staff thinks he can clear if they are actively recruiting him.

Even if it's a little shaky he's worth the risk as being a part of this class going forward will help us land other legit players.
I agree.. It's seems Babers and crew have backed off quickly on players that they feel will not qualify.

Just look at the recruitment of Tisdale last year. The staff met with him and all conversations stopped and everybody on the board freaked and couldn't understand why... And now it comes out he is ineligible.

When it came to Clarke I think the waited to see how the grades would fall before they offered.

A couple of kids in the last class didn't qualify but those were late adds to the class so there was no real risk when it came to recruiting numbers.

I still think it's pretty early in the process and the staff wouldn't take the "risk" at this point if they had a bad feeling.

Nate Mink said in a comment over at the .com that the NCAA Clearinghouse has no concerns about him.

That is awesome news. Must have to do with his transcript that he carried over from Nigeria- much be stronger than one would assume with a kid that was sold as a 9th grader.

With Kingsley in the fold, the top 4 or 5 guys in this class IMO on paper are as good if not better than any class during the Rivals/Skout era going back to 2002. Pretty impressive and this train hasn't really left the station yet.

They might feel this kid is worth the effort/gamble. Same as Pierre.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom