Class of 2017 - DE Kingsley Jonathan (NC) COMMITTED & SIGNED to SYRACUSE | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2017 DE Kingsley Jonathan (NC) COMMITTED & SIGNED to SYRACUSE

With Kingsley in the fold, the top 4 or 5 guys in this class IMO on paper are as good if not better than any class during the Rivals/Skout era going back to 2002. Pretty impressive and this train hasn't really left the station yet.
Agreed...just saw Cuse is #41 in 24/7. Highest rating since the 90s. This has to bode well for us. Big pickup

Every time I start reading this thread, and some of your commentary, I have to recheck the thread header to make sure I am not reading the Estime thread.
I seem to recall a lot of you thought Estime would never make it to SU because he was from Haiti, would never qualify and was about 20 years old.

Every time I start reading this thread, and some of your commentary, I have to recheck the thread header to make sure I am not reading the Estime thread.
I seem to recall a lot of you thought Estime would never make it to SU because he was from Haiti, would never qualify and was about 20 years old.

Good point. Guilty as charged about being concerned about Estime's academics and he's turned out to be an excellent student from what I have read.

That's definitely fair, but the circumstances surrounding this situation are beyond highly unusual [who's ever heard of a player reclassifying by TWO full grades?]. Hopefully he makes it here / qualifies, because he sounds like the type of prospect who would be a difference maker at DE.

That's definitely fair, but the circumstances surrounding this situation are beyond highly unusual [who's ever heard of a player reclassifying by TWO full grades?]. Hopefully he makes it here / qualifies, because he sounds like the type of prospect who would be a difference maker at DE.
I think that you have to remember that he was enrolled into the NC school system by individuals that were not honest folks. Who knows what type of documentation they provided the school. And the school system where he was enrolled isn't in the Raleigh, Charlotte or even Greensboro area. It was Eastern Alamance, in Mebane, with a student enrollment of 1,200.

Last edited:
I think that you have to remember that he was enrolled into the NC school system by individuals that were not honest folks. Who knows what type of documentation they provided the school. And the school system where he was enrolled isn't in the Raleigh, Charlotte or even Greensboro area. It was Eastern Alamance, in Mebane, with a student enrollment of 1,200.

Like I said, hopefully he qualifies. We need to add talent / athleticism at DE. But I wouldn't call people out for being skeptical--the NCAA clearinghouse hasn't always worked out favorably for SU.

Here's hoping things work out in Kingsley's [and SU's] favor.

Sadly the young man will be graduating Syracuse with honors next May. Jonathan we hardly knew ye.
Not only is he old enough to vote, but he is a registered Republican.

There's info out there (free) that makes me feel a lot better. Basically the ppl who brought him to this country were not the most savory characters. The kid is a good kid who got sold a bill of goods when he got here. He no longer is associated with that fam and is in a new school.

Think he just got wrapped up in something. Obviously with the NCAA anything can happen.

did any of our coaches tweet anything about this commitment?

did any of our coaches tweet anything about this commitment?

Don't think so or the Canadian O-line guy either but maybe there thing is not to do that during the seasom.

I got this free copy of an ACC newspaper today in the mail and this was inside...
kingsley.jpg

To me the earliest you will see the kid is summer of 2018 if he ever makes it, hopefully we get lucky in case like this and we see him here next summer but I'm not counting on it, just never seem to catch a break here

To me the earliest you will see the kid is summer of 2018 if he ever makes it, hopefully we get lucky in case like this and we see him here next summer but I'm not counting on it, just never seem to catch a break here
I know, just once I would like to catch a break like him.

I got this free copy of an ACC newspaper today in the mail and this was inside...
View attachment 79862
Ugh. Just what I didn't want to hear. The NCAA clearinghouse hates Syracuse. Can we recruit kids that we KNOW will qualify? Whos cares if you make a "splash" in recruiting if you never have a body on the field? In other words, I'll take a 2 star that contributes on special teams over a 4 star that goes JUCO and never makes it to Syracuse. Come on Jordan Wright!!

Ugh. Just what I didn't want to hear. The NCAA clearinghouse hates Syracuse. Can we recruit kids that we KNOW will qualify? Whos cares if you make a "splash" in recruiting if you never have a body on the field? In other words, I'll take a 2 star that contributes on special teams over a 4 star that goes JUCO and never makes it to Syracuse. Come on Jordan Wright!!
The NCAA Clearinghouse has nothing against Syracuse. We just take chances that we maybe shouldn't.

The NCAA Clearinghouse has nothing against Syracuse. We just take chances that we maybe shouldn't.
What "chance" are we taking really?

If he doesn't make it, you can go after someone else, you really haven't lost anything. Worst case scenario, you look like a hero and give his scholly to a walk on. Or you find a JUCO kid that can help and offer him late.

What "chance" are we taking really?

If he doesn't make it, you can go after someone else, you really haven't lost anything. Worst case scenario, you look like a hero and give his scholly to a walk on. Or you find a JUCO kid that can help and offer him late.
I have no problem with taking a flyer on a kid like this. I meant more like a Blair, who had very, very little chance of qualifying.

All I know is that if he goes to SU the NCAA will find something to delay it and then stop it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom