Class of 2017 - DE Kingsley Jonathan (NC) COMMITTED & SIGNED to SYRACUSE | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2017 DE Kingsley Jonathan (NC) COMMITTED & SIGNED to SYRACUSE

Why, is he going somewhere else, or are you just nervous about all of the recruits until they sign?

major qualifying issues. He was brought here from Nigeria. When his 'guardians' first enrolled him in school, he was enrolled as a 15 year old when he was actually 17. He's supposed to be 18 now and reclassfied from 2019 to 2017. I'll be shocked if he's qualified.

major qualifying issues. He was brought here from Nigeria. When his 'guardians' first enrolled him in school, he was enrolled as a 15 year old when he was actually 17. He's supposed to be 18 now and reclassfied from 2019 to 2017. I'll be shocked if he's qualified.
Is qualifying the real issue, or getting cleared through the clearinghouse?

It seems we always have one or two every year who have trouble with grades/clearinghouse.

Is this inside info or are you just worried yourself?

Is qualifying the real issue, or getting cleared through the clearinghouse?

probably both. and of course i'm just speculating but i mean there are a lot of red flags here. these situations don't usually end well. Ask Moustapha Diagne.

Is this inside info or are you just worried yourself?

just worried. how does a kid from Nigeria get US qualified in 1, maybe 2 years. The adults tried scamming to begin with having him enrolled as a 15 year old for class of 2019.

probably both. and of course i'm just speculating but i mean there are a lot of red flags here. these situations don't usually end well. Ask Moustapha Diagne.
I don't think grades will be an issue. Believe it or not the schools aren't that backwards down here in NC. And I don't think St Frances would have let him play if his grades weren't good.

worry beads.jpg
just worried. how does a kid from Nigeria get US qualified in 1, maybe 2 years. The adults tried scamming to begin with having him enrolled as a 15 year old for class of 2019.

I don't think grades will be an issue. Believe it or not the schools aren't that backwards down here in NC. And I don't think St Frances would have let him play if his grades weren't good.

He needs the GPA with all the core courses plus the board scores. I'm expecting the worse hoping for the best.

He needs the GPA with all the core courses plus the board scores. I'm expecting the worse hoping for the best.
It's always encouraging when a kid has offers from quality academic institutions like Duke and Wake Forest. Hopefully his academics are in order.

Yeah, obviously you do that to give him the best potential at being an athlete. From everything we've been told he's fine grade-wise.

Some of those countries just don't have good birth records.

It seems we always have one or two every year who have trouble with grades/clearinghouse.
IMO it's worth taking a chance on a recruit or two like this in every class. A few (like Walter Reyes) pan out, but most don't (Blair, Andre Baskin, Idris Price, etc.)

Brisly had some big time red flags at the time. Don't forget guys, he's 24 yrs old right now. He was 20 when he arrived on campus.

I know that was the point of my post. Everyone was worried about him making it to campus and here he is graduating.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom