Class of 2016 - DE Keith Simms (MD) Offered | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2016 DE Keith Simms (MD) Offered

Justin Silberman‏@Jsilbe3 10m10 minutes ago
Check out my Q&A with Landon defensive end and Division I recruiting prospect @basedkeith @PressBoxDC. http://www.pressboxdc.com/2014/10/23/q-a-landon-defensive-end-keith-simms… #AllMets

Q&A: Landon Defensive End Keith Simms

Posted on October 23, 2014 by Justin Silberman
.cms-textAlign-left{text-align:left;}.cms-textAlign-center{text-align:center;}.cms-textAlign-right{text-align:right;}.cms-customStyles-defaultFont{font-size:14px; font-color:#000000; font-family:verdana; line-height: 1.5em;}
Defensive end Keith Simms made the most of his opportunity after transferring from St. Albans to Landon in 2013. Simms, who played his freshman campaign for the Bulldogs, was named to the All-Interstate Athletic Conference team as a sophomore during his first season with the Bears.
Although Landon finished the season 4-5, Simms burst onto the Division I recruiting scene, garnering scholarship offers from Boston College, Iowa, Maryland, North Carolina, Pittsburgh, Syracuse and West Virginia, among others.
This season, Simms has anchored a defensive unit that has helped the Bears already (4-2-1, 1-1 IAC) match its win total from a year ago with four games remaining in the regular season.
The 6-foot-3, 230-pound Simms spoke with PressBoxDC.com about his love for football, his hopes to help deliver Landon its first IAC title in two years, his recruiting experience and his plans to pursue a career in business or economics following his football career.
PressBox: How did you first get involved playing football?
Keith Simms: I first started playing glad football when I was 5 years old. I was introduced to the sport by my dad, who I now credit the majority of my success to, because he has taught me everything that I know. As soon as I started playing football, I instantly fell in love with it and never stopped playing.
PB: Why did you transfer from St. Albans to Landon following your freshman season?
KS: I decided to transfer from St. Albans after my freshman year, because I believe that Landon provides a better environment for me to thrive academically, athletically and socially. I learned a lot from my time at St. Albans. I will never forget all the wonderful teachers, coaches and lifelong friends I met there.
PB: With Landon off to a 4-2-1 start and currently sitting in third place in the IAC, what is it going to take from you and the rest of the team to finish strong and win the IAC for the first time since 2012?
KS: While we have gotten off to somewhat of a rocky start, our team has persevered through it all. Even though we know we have lost games that we should have won, we have stayed together as a family, relying on each other to win the rest of our games, which is the only way we can potentially win the IAC. It's all about taking things one day at a time and getting better every single day.
PB: How has the recruiting process gone for you so far, having already picked up 12 Division I scholarship offers?
KS: The recruiting process has been going great for me. I am truly blessed to have all the opportunities that I have, but it's important that I don't become complacent. I'm not sure where I want to play in college yet, but I expect to make my decision sometime before my senior season. I have only had the chance to visit Maryland and Penn State so far, but I loved both visits.
PB: Depending on which school you choose to play your college ball for, what do you plan to major in?
KS: I'm not 100 percent sure what I want to pursue after football. Most likely, it will be either business or economics. I know that football will not always be an option for my whole life, so creating strong academic roots early is important to me.

B19a5nMCMAAk3zN.jpg:large

We'll find out tonight. He's releasing it at 8:30 tonight.

I don't expect to make the cut, to be honest.