Class of 2015 - DE Keivonnis Davis (FL) Verballed to Florida | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2015 DE Keivonnis Davis (FL) Verballed to Florida

Per Twitter... ·
Syracuse has landed a commitment from 3-star Miami (FL) Central DE Keivonnis Davis

Offers from WVU, Cincy, USF, Pitt & FIU

6'3" 220 lbs

Last edited by a moderator:
That's great--DE is a position of strong need.

Need to upgrade the DL pass rush. Desperately.

rvls 2* 5.4 rating with offers from West Virginia, Pitt, South Florida, Cincy and FIU

Was reported in February that he had a Miami offer, too. Might have been rescinded, though.

rvls 2* 5.4 rating with offers from West Virginia, Pitt, South Florida, Cincy and FIU

Scowt has him at 3, same offers. NR at ESPN.

Last edited by a moderator:
Couple quick hitters

Miami Herald Preseason: Miami-Dade Class of 2015 Top 25 football prospects

(ahead of Devante Davis, Steven Claude and Vaquan Small)

Miami-Dade Class of 2015 - Pre-Summer Top 50

For years, the Generals have boasted about the many skill players they have on the roster. Now, they can start talking about this gifted football talent who is cat-quick and very athletic. This is the kind of football propect who has already given colleges something to think about for the future – especially with his speed and instincts on the field. Another of those tremendous football players with a bright future.

Read more here: http://miamiherald.typepad.com/hssp...-of-2015-pre-summer-top-50.html#storylink=cpy

Couple quick hitters

Miami Herald Preseason: Miami-Dade Class of 2015 Top 25 football prospects

(ahead of Devante Davis, Steven Claude and Vaquan Small)

Miami-Dade Class of 2015 - Pre-Summer Top 50

For years, the Generals have boasted about the many skill players they have on the roster. Now, they can start talking about this gifted football talent who is cat-quick and very athletic. This is the kind of football propect who has already given colleges something to think about for the future – especially with his speed and instincts on the field. Another of those tremendous football players with a bright future.

Read more here: http://miamiherald.typepad.com/hssp...-of-2015-pre-summer-top-50.html#storylink=cpy
Excellent. That's a pretty huge honor.

‏@ 16s16 seconds ago
Why did Keivonnis Davis commit to Syracuse? Two words: George McDonald

I know this is going to be unpopular, but it wouldn't bother me if George McDonald somehow worked things out and remained as the WR coach. He seemed to do a good job in that role after being demoted from OC, and I still believe that he is an impact recruiter who can help upgrade the talent base.

Its probably not realistic to expect him to stay, but it wouldn't necessarily be a bad thing if he somehow did in my opinion. We could use the recruiting shot in the arm.

I know this is going to be unpopular, but it wouldn't bother me if George McDonald somehow worked things out and remained as the WR coach. He seemed to do a good job in that role after being demoted from OC, and I still believe that he is an impact recruiter who can help upgrade the talent base.

Its probably not realistic to expect him to stay, but it wouldn't necessarily be a bad thing if he somehow did in my opinion. We could use the recruiting shot in the arm.

I guess there is a lot better chance of that happening, then there was a month ago. Sounds like George is open to it.

Another thing, this looks like a solid pick up, I just hope it doesn't effect someone like Sheppard, who we have been on since Spring. I know some of our coaches have different philosophies on taking commitments from kids, mostly having to do with visiting before committing. I just hope this doesn't effect anyone else, and is another good reason why Shafer should have a standard policy for all recruiting strategies.

If we are sticking with Lester as OC, then by all means I would be delighted to have McD remain as WR/Recruiting coach. The question then becomes what other offers will he have, and are we willing to pay to keep him around? And should we?

I don’t know why that’d be unpopular. He’s a tremendous WR coach and recruiter. I’ve been watching him on the sideline and I think he’s been great down there. Getting the calls in and working with the QBs. Huge asset down there imho.

One thing nobody has mentioned from the moves is the sideline improvement, getting calls in and less disorganization. Combo of Lester in the box and George on the sideline.