Class of 2015 - DE Keivonnis Davis (FL) Verballed to Florida | Page 7 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2015 DE Keivonnis Davis (FL) Verballed to Florida

1Double_Stick1‏@keivonnis 25m25 minutes ago
Me making 2nd team all state is BS

1Double_Stick1 @keivonnis · 23m 23 minutes ago
I miss a whole year of football & still had more than twice the number of sacks these 5star guys had

1Double_Stick1 @keivonnis · 25m 25 minutes ago
These 5 star guys are completely overrated

1Double_Stick1‏@keivonnis 23m23 minutes ago
It's only motivation to me so I'll keep proving you newspaper editors wrong

Not gonna lie, like the fire.

1Double_Stick1‏@keivonnis 25m25 minutes ago
Me making 2nd team all state is BS

1Double_Stick1 @keivonnis · 23m 23 minutes ago
I miss a whole year of football & still had more than twice the number of sacks these 5star guys had

1Double_Stick1 @keivonnis · 25m 25 minutes ago
These 5 star guys are completely overrated

1Double_Stick1‏@keivonnis 23m23 minutes ago
It's only motivation to me so I'll keep proving you newspaper editors wrong
Hopefully it's more of KD being "under rated" than the 5* guys being over-rated. Either way...I like the chip he carries.

Isn't he a McDonald recruit, secured in short order to replace another FL guy who decommitted?
He was a McDonald kid but moreso to replace Ginnetti who doesn't enroll until next season. McDonald leaving isn't an issue here though. The only problem could be a Louisville offer.

Stephen Bailey ‏@Stephen_Bailey1 35s36 seconds ago
Syracuse DE commit Keivonnis Davis will take official visits to SU (1/16 weekend) and Oregon State (1/23 weekend). OSU has offered him.

Not that in have any info but I'm not worried about Oregon State, simply a free visit to the other end of the country.

Louisville or us IMO and Louisville apparently isn't going to offer him

B7eRukxCIAE13YE.jpg:large

4:59 AM - 16 Jan 2015
1Double_Stick1‏@keivonnisProtected Tweets 42m42 minutes ago
At the airport pic.twitter.com/MR4qpDS6Sf

Stephen Bailey ‏@Stephen_Bailey1 5m5 minutes ago
Just got off the phone with Syracuse DE commit Keivonnis Davis. Said he loved the family feel at SU, still committed but will take visits.

Last edited:
This is why I wished we'd hire another coach and why I hope it's from a p5 staff and we do it soon. McDonald goes to an in conference rival with all of our recruiting info and prospect knowledge and can use it against; or to flip prospects. Yeah yeah yeah I know it was his kid but... it'd be nice if we could do the same thing with our new hire.

Last edited:
Free article...

http://syracuse.At their request, t...vis-feels-at-home-at-cuse-but-is-he-100?s=185

Syracuse commit Keivonnis Davis recaps official visit, discusses future plans.
Syracuse had a big official visit weekend over the past few days with eight players on campus. While only three were not currently Orange commits, among the most important was Miami (Fla.) Central defensive end Keivonnis Davis.
Davis was a George McDonald recruit and committed to Syracuse without seeing the campus in person. With McDonald now at ACC rival N.C. State, Davis said he was going to take other visits. This trip gave Syracuse a chance to solidify their position.
"Oh man, it was a great atmosphere," Davis said. "I got a chance to go into the Carrier Dome, had a chance to go on campus and see a couple things I'd be interested in as far as academics and what I'd be majoring in. I got to meet a couple players.
"Everything was smooth. It was great. I loved the coaches from the conditioning coach to the cafeteria mom. Everything was tight. The weather is kind of cold but I could deal with it."
One big highlight was the new indoor practice facility. While he had seen pictures in the past, seeing it in person was something completely different.
"That's a great start being able to go into the spring with the indoor facility in practice," Davis said. "You can go live like it's a real game because it's that type of atmosphere. It's a great field. A great indoor facility."
The 6-foot-3 three stat defensive end said the trip made him feel like his decision to commit to Syracuse was the right one. Specifically after speaking with his player host.
"Yeah man, especially hanging out with Ollie," Davis said. "Oliver Vigille, as one of the former Miami Central players, he was my host and he took me through the whole process. We talked the whole time I was down there. He gave it to me one the real because we from the same place back home.
"He really broke it down and I really saw it. I came to my conclusion where this actually might be the right situation for me."
Maybe the most important part of the trip was spending time with the Syracuse coaches. That left a big impression on the Miami Central standout.
"Coach Daoust, that's my guy, man," Davis said. "We fooled around the whole time I was there. Coach Daoust, he was one of the guys I got close to, him and coach McDonald. McDonald left for N.C. State. Me and coach Daoust, our bond got a little bit tighter. We were easily talking it up and talking about football and school and decision making and staying out of trouble.
"Then I finally got to meet with coach Shafer. He's such an energized person. He can't wait to get me up on campus. All of the coaches were great. I felt welcomed. The guys were just great."
Davis maintains his commitment to Syracuse and the trip only helped their position. However, he still plans to take other visits.
"I'm still committed to Syracuse," Davis said. "But I'm still going to take my official to Oregon State. I may look into N.C. State or South Florida for visits."
The most intriguing school is N.C. State because of his connection to their new wide receivers coach George McDonald. He was Davis' primary recruiter at Syracuse and now assumes that role with the Wolfpack. That is a big reason why Davis is looking into them.
"I would say yes," he said. "Coach McDonald, I guess he just piggy backed off of him being at Syracuse and recruiting me. He popped in the tape and they (N.C. State staff) just loved it. They came down to see me, the defensive backs coach, and they were just telling me how much they loved me and they need me."
What would it take for one of those other schools to get Davis to change his mind?
"The connection and the welcoming I had at Syracuse was great," he said. "If I don't have that anywhere else I'll be canceling them off my list. Because Syracuse really made me feel like I was at home."

In the Syracuse.com article was it Davis talking about pickard? if there's a good chance of pickard joining su in the fall. ill take pickard over Davis screw McDonald he's a sore loser. ... Actually scratch that I'll take both thats a message I'll back up. Davis is a good player but looking at character, if I was someones future teammate I wouldn't be telling a reporter his personal business about his recruitement its a big deal to kids and they like to surprise their friends and family specially "if" they flip.

Last edited: