DE Kenny Carter (NJ) VERBALLED TO SYRACUSE | Syracusefan.com

DE Kenny Carter (NJ) VERBALLED TO SYRACUSE

Big time grade issues, SU doing this to get him after a prep year.

I definitely dont see D1 DE out of him. Not explosive and fast enough. He looks like he can be a athletic DT. He is very raw. We will see

money3189 said:
I definitely dont see D1 DE out of him. Not explosive and fast enough. He looks like he can be a athletic DT. He is very raw. We will see
The article said he just started lifting in June , he has a lot of room to grow could be a diamond in the rough.

dont understand this one. Sorry
Publicity my man ...

another NJ recruit ... a kid we took a risk on that others would not

building relationships ... I look at him as a Marquis Spruill type recruit ... one not highly regarded but oozed potential

at this point with depth and the current commits I like it a lot

last two spots should go to Secondary (both) or one secondary one OL

CIL are you a P o r n Scout?

Hahahaha. That was an awesome typo. I may have posted that after playing a game of battleshots for the first time ever.

Big time grade issues, SU doing this to get him after a prep year.

No. He has qualified.

Stephen Bailey@Stephen_Bailey1 · 9h9 hours ago
Just spoke with recent Syracuse commit Kenny Carter. Said he could play either DL position, OL or even TE. Will qualify academically, too.

Last edited:
I'm so happy Kenny got this opportunity.

Is he a project? Yes, but, he has the tools necessary to build on a solid foundation.

You can hear the stress and anxiety that he went through while waiting to find out if he was going to have a place to go play football and get an education. Then the utter relief when it came to fruition.

In my experience, sometimes those who've been in the darkest spots will fight the hardest for the brightest lights. I've got a feeling Kenny is one of those kids. This is an opportunity for him that goes well beyond football. I'll take a flyer on a kid like that every year if there's room.

I'm so happy Kenny got this opportunity.

Is he a project? Yes, but, he has the tools necessary to build on a solid foundation.

You can hear the stress and anxiety that he went through while waiting to find out if he was going to have a place to go play football and get an education. Then the utter relief when it came to fruition.

In my experience, sometimes those who've been in the darkest spots will fight the hardest for the brightest lights. I've got a feeling Kenny is one of those kids. This is an opportunity for him that goes well beyond football. I'll take a flyer on a kid like that every year if there's room.
Well said and I totally agree. Sometimes the kids that have come from nothing, had to,work the hardest have something to prove!

Welcome to the Syracuse family Kenny!
Potential and seemed to truly want to wear orange (if we ever wear orange again)
Looks like a DT, after bulking up. Can never have too many DT's.
HCSS and coaches closing with a flourish!

No. He has qualified.

Stephen Bailey@Stephen_Bailey1 · 9h9 hours ago
Just spoke with recent Syracuse commit Kenny Carter. Said he could play either DL position, OL or even TE. Will qualify academically, too.

I really hope he does but let's not mistake his comments as the NCAA clearing house he's got work to do.

JeremyCuse said:
I really hope he does but let's not mistake his comments as the NCAA clearing house he's got work to do.

Grades and SAT score suggest he's qualified - at the moment.

every team needs kids who dont have all the talent but have 3 times the heart drive and desire as those with natural talent - they help build teams from the inside out-
when a higher ranked kid gets pushed by a no body it can only help- they either quit or get better- and if the little guy push's enough to win a spot -its a win win for the program and the kid

I felt the same until I clicked on his Jr. highlights. Jr tape was much better, and showcased some of his athleticism.

Publicity my man ...

another NJ recruit ... a kid we took a risk on that others would not

building relationships ... I look at him as a Marquis Spruill type recruit ... one not highly regarded but oozed potential

at this point with depth and the current commits I like it a lot

last two spots should go to Secondary (both) or one secondary one OL

Spruill was a 4 star recruit

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlCuse

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors