Class of 2017 - DE Luiji Vilain (Canada) Transferring from Michigan to Wake Forest | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2017 DE Luiji Vilain (Canada) Transferring from Michigan to Wake Forest

The names just keep on getting better, you have to love his.

The only offer CL, how many kids are at camp that already have offers?

Is his name pronounced the same as this guy's:
upload_2014-6-22_13-37-13.jpeg

I would say no as he is Haitian and I would think that is a French pronunciation.
We are going to need a pronunciation guide for a lot of these new recruits.

I would say no as he is Haitian and I would think that is a French pronunciation.
We are going to need a pronunciation guide for a lot of these new recruits.

Does anyone have any info on this Kid? Haven't seen any tape posted on him, or size/speed, or general level of interest in the program. Would love to build a pipeline into Canada given our location

Does anyone have any info on this Kid? Haven't seen any tape posted on him, or size/speed, or general level of interest in the program. Would love to build a pipeline into Canada given our location

If there are highlights I haven't found them but that could be because he is a 2017.

Would love to build a pipeline into Canada given our location
Really wish we made a larger impact with Rene. Don't feel great about his recruitment even though he's camped at Syracuse multiple times and with lots of his Canadian buddies that also grabbed scholarship offers. He's definitely a 4* type talent, but had hoped the staff would have locked him down.

Really wish we made a larger impact with Rene. Don't feel great about his recruitment even though he's camped at Syracuse multiple times and with lots of his Canadian buddies that also grabbed scholarship offers. He's definitely a 4* type talent, but had hoped the staff would have locked him down.

Penn St, or Ohio St my guess. Too bad he's the type of athlete we need to get this program heading in the right direction.

Highly Regarded 2017 DE Loves Ohio State on Visit (No links to 247 allowed on this site.com; Kurelic)

2017 defensive end Luiji Vilain who attends Pearson High in Ontario, Canada, visited Ohio State today. It was the second time Vilain has been to Ohio State, but the first time specifically for a football visit.

“I really liked it a lot,” Vilain said. “I really like the facilities and all the stuff Ohio State can offer. I think the thing I liked best was the new addition to the locker room. But I really liked all the facilities.”

Kerry Coombs is recruiting Vilain for the Buckeyes, but his potential position coach if he ended up at Ohio State, defensive line coach Larry Johnson, played host today.

“I met coach Coombs two years when he started recruiting me,” Vilain said. “I talked to coach Johnson today. I met him at the Sound Mind Sound Body camp. He showed us around [today]. I really like coach Johnson.”

Vilain, who is now up to 6-foot-4 and 240-pounds, plays defensive end for a club team in Canada because his high school doesn’t have football.

But even without playing high school football, some recruiters have seen enough. Vilain already has scholarship offers from Penn State, Syracuse, Minnesota, Rutgers and South Florida.

No reason why we can't do the same...it is 3 hrs away by car.

I believe we have. Seem to remember a visit when Marrone was HC but I wonder if this is now not allowed by the ACC. Coaches attending camps off campus. Were the RU coaches simply visiting or were they assisting in the camp?

Last edited: