Class of 2017 - DE Marcus Valdez (NJ) Verbal to BC | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2017 DE Marcus Valdez (NJ) Verbal to BC

What position would we use him at, at 6'-1" and 245# ? Maybe LBer

This kid looks good to me on the D line. I know he's undersize but he is physical, explosive and relentless. Using his hands to disengage. I see why the staff feel they can plug him in different spots. Kinda reminds me of Aaron Donald coming out of HS.

Ted Gregory, Kevin Mitchell, Dwight Freeney. Syracuse has done great with guys his size on the DL.

I've seen him play a number of times. Very solid player. I think he's all Cuse if Babers pushes for him.

So hard to compare a kid to a potential future HOF, even if they have the same measurables. It's the intangibles that make you a HOF quality player, not the measurements.

For every Michael Jordan there have been hundreds, if not thousands of 6'6 SG's who have failed to last past their initial contract in the NBA.

My point was only comparing the height and weight and for a position. However in college that size allows it to be a DE but in NFL it could be Lber. I was not comparing him to Freeney, "just his size" lol, Just trying to figure out where may play if he came here.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom