Class of 2017 - DE Mike Tverdov (NJ) Verbal to Rutgers | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2017 DE Mike Tverdov (NJ) Verbal to Rutgers

Hope T. DeVito is friends with him and works on him. This kid was meant for SU. :)

Who Does No. 1 Jersey DE Talk To Most?

Tverdov said Boston College and Rutgers are on him the most, but Nebraska is making a strong push.

Free article and video

It doesn't seem by his interview that we are beating his door down. :noidea:

Don't take me wrong, I love what we have done so far with our offense and am excited and can't wait to see it in action. HOWEVER, other than ,and a few safties and CBs, couple LBs we have really no much on the defense. We need a few studs and we really are not getting them. I really don't want to hear that it won't matter because we are going to score, 30, 40, or 50 points a game. We havne't play one game under HCDB to see what we are going to score. I don't know that much about our DC and or the coaches on the defensive side. I hope we can pick up a few quality players in the end.

Don't take me wrong, I love what we have done so far with our offense and am excited and can't wait to see it in action. HOWEVER, other than ,and a few safties and CBs, couple LBs we have really no much on the defense. We need a few studs and we really are not getting them. I really don't want to hear that it won't matter because we are going to score, 30, 40, or 50 points a game. We havne't play one game under HCDB to see what we are going to score. I don't know that much about our DC and or the coaches on the defensive side. I hope we can pick up a few quality players in the end.

I'm wondering if the focus is not on defense because we are pretty young on defense right now. We have a good stable of linebackers and will be starting two or three sophomores and redshirt freshman on the d-line.

I'm wondering if the focus is not on defense because we are pretty young on defense right now. We have a good stable of linebackers and will be starting two or three sophomores and redshirt freshman on the d-line.
I hear ya with this, but I also wonder if it's simply that our current D coaches are not a known commodity where as Dino is more of a known O guy, and Ash is more a known D guy. Unfortunately seems Ash is getting some benefit of the doubt because of the Urban stink on him. Dino doesn't have that, or has never been associated with a great D. The importance of this season keeps stacking up.

As far as recruiting goes, he's getting it done. He looks like he just bit the head off of a frog so I'm very surprised that kids are buying in.
AshInterview.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom