Class of 2016 - OT Noel Brouse (PA) to UConn | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2016 OT Noel Brouse (PA) to UConn

That's a big kid with plenty of room to add more strength/weight. I'm guessing he's a DT prospect?

Love seeing those Yale type offers, just wish I saw a few more P5 offers. Hopefully being on him ahead of the possible rush will work out.

That's a big kid with plenty of room to add more strength/weight. I'm guessing he's a DT prospect?

Love seeing those Yale type offers, just wish I saw a few more P5 offers. Hopefully being on him ahead of the possible rush will work out.

I'd prefer they were Michigan and Wisconsin offers, but I see your point.

http://www.At their request, this n...555856-syracuse-lands-offensive-tackle-brouse

"Brouse chose Syracuse over offers from Bucknell, Colgate, Cornell, Dartmouth, Lafayette, Monmouth, Old Dominion and William and Mary. He was also receiving interest from Army, Penn State, Pittsburgh, Rutgers, Temple, Vanderbilt and Villanova."

I wouldn't have minded to see us hold off just a bit. Seems like one we could have got later.

Yeah - hate to question things but this one feels like a bit of a reach.

Is Adam the primary recruiter here?

Seems like we're entertaining many more prospects that are much less of academic risks. There are only so many kids this size with good frames that fit the criteria our coaches are looking for. Like seeing this pickup more than a Burton or McGloster really late in the cycle. Nothing against those two, but, it looks like Brouse fit their profile and they made him part of the class. Whereas, I think the other two may have been guys they knew were projects and took a flyer on to fill out the class.

PS - I've heard McGloster's doing wonderful. So much so, that higher profile guys are struggling to get by him on the depth chart.

They wouldn't have taken Noel this early unless they liked him a lot.

I think most were looking at him at DE. Looks like a mobile, athletic player who will grow into an OT body over the next couple of years.

I really like having smart OL types. It is a position where intelligence is a huge asset, and this kid is very smart. I believe he is the son of a doctor. Good get, good to get on the board with a solid OT.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom