Class of 2015 - DE/OLB Nate Howard Verballed to Mizzou | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2015 DE/OLB Nate Howard Verballed to Mizzou

Jamesvillecuse said:
has a recruit ever said a visit sucked? I never get too excited when the big new is he liked the visit.

They sometimes don't say anything.

Those are two big guys. I like that they used an SU picture, that has to mean something, right? And is everyone seeing that blurry kid in the lower right, or am I going to die in the next 24 hours or something?

That's Acostas' son... he was probably moving.

Jamesvillecuse said:
has a recruit ever said a visit sucked? I never get too excited when the big new is he liked the visit.

Texas has a recruit de commit during his OV last week I believe.

I think we have a fair shot with this kid, definitely flippable but it may not be to us

Will be taking his last OV to Mizzou this weekend.

my hunch has always been mizzou to be the biggest threat. ive been fingers crossing it that he wouldn't take the trip.

Has anyone read anything on Howards' visit to Mizzou. He has been quiet on twitter.

he enjoyed it. I'd say very unlikely he comes here.
Are we winning anything (that wasn't already decided prior to this weekend) right now? Because it sure feels like we are losing on all fronts.

Are we winning anything (that wasn't already decided prior to this weekend) right now? Because it sure feels like we are losing on all fronts.
Have faith. I've decided that it's good to be positive. I have no clue where anyone will wind up, but after sitting back and thinking about everything, I'm convincing myself we have a shot with some of our top guys.

I'm very pessimistic right now.

Eh, it never hurts to be a LITTLE hopeful. I think we get at least 1 of the 3. Wouldn't be particularly shocked if we get 2.

Gotta say this about Scott's staff, and even Doug's staff, too, that they really know how to host recruits. Seems like every kid who goes to visit SU has a great time and ends up putting SU higher on their list.
That's nice and all but we need signatures on the dotted line- other wise we are just first place loser.

I'm very pessimistic right now.
I got that feeling. Yikes

Jekelish, m right there with you positivity is a key to a healthy life. But man things seem bleak right now. However sounds like we are going to get a say in with Pickard and possibly Clark later this week which may help swing things in our favor

Giavonna Heath ‏@GiavonnaKSDK 12h12 hours ago
Syracuse and Wisconsin will both be visiting with Nate Howard tomorrow before he makes his college decision.

Highly unlikely we get him, Mizzou and Illinois are both ahead of us if he does indeed flip, but good to see the coaches are visiting him

Highly unlikely we get him, Mizzou and Illinois are both ahead of us if he does indeed flip, but good to see the coaches are visiting him

Curious where you get that info? If the coaches felt it was a losing battle they might not waste the time to visit. That might have been why they didn't go see Clayton.

Curious where you get that info? If the coaches felt it was a losing battle they might not waste the time to visit. That might have been why they didn't go see Clayton.

TOS general info. Stranger things have happened but it seems as if he is a kid who wants to stay in the Midwest. The coaches obviously agree with you that it isn't a losing battle, and I agree, just sounds like a longshot. Still glad they are going. Better chance here than with Clayton, put it that way!

LThornton_KSDK @USATodayHSS_STL · 5h 5 hours ago
For those waiting on an announcement from Nate Howard, we do not expect him to make his decision today

Glad he's waiting until after we get a chance to sell him one more time. I wonder which coaches are heading out there. I'd imagine and hope it's Shafer, Bullough and Lea. Maybe Smith as I'm assuming that's his lead recruiter?