Class of 2016 - DE Rashad Weaver (FL) to Pitt | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2016 DE Rashad Weaver (FL) to Pitt

jekelish said:
HARBAAAAAAAAAAAAUGH

224547.jpg

rvls rates him a 2 star 5.4 ... i'll be curious to see how much they bump him up.

with his size he probably would be in rotation next season with our situation at DE. He could be visiting Temple, that tells me Michigan might have recruited over him.

with his size he probably would be in rotation next season with our situation at DE. He could be visiting Temple, that tells me Michigan might have recruited over him.

Along those same lines I think Michigan has overbooked and will be asking some of their class to greyshirt if they still want to stay committed. It appears they have 23 commits right now and only like 16 definitive spots and are still recruiting (favorites for) some big names like Gary. Obviously there will probably be some attrition with kids getting recruiting over and transferring and others leaving early for NFL but it looks like they are going to be still over.

Along those same lines I think Michigan has overbooked and will be asking some of their class to greyshirt if they still want to stay committed. It appears they have 23 commits right now and only like 16 definitive spots and are still recruiting (favorites for) some big names like Gary. Obviously there will probably be some attrition with kids getting recruiting over and transferring and others leaving early for NFL but it looks like they are going to be still over.
It is amazing the uncertainty and lack of depth we could be facing heading into next season at DE.

Cold world but if he's had "little to no contact" with staff for 7 months he shouldn't be completely surprised by this

Last edited:
Cold world but if he's had "little to no contact" with staff for 7 months he shouldn't be completely surprised by this

In retrospect. But if that's the school you really want to go to, you might have a little bit of blinders on to where you are in the pecking order. Combine that with these kids have never been a recruit before and might have no idea what to expect, it's not surprising it takes some of them awhile to realize what's going on.

In retrospect. But if that's the school you really want to go to, you might have a little bit of blinders on to where you are in the pecking order. Combine that with these kids have never been a recruit before and might have no idea what to expect, it's not surprising it takes some of them awhile to realize what's going on.
This is why it's important, if at all possible, for kids to have a support team. Its a business from the school's side so the kids need to try and approach the same way. Idk how savvy his HS Coach is but he needs to know that Mich hasn't communicated and Coach should be helping the kid navigate these waters. Hopefully he's been lining up some plan B's in case exactly this happened.

I think (hope) that michigan is digging itself into a serious hole going forward. this stuff has gotten a lot of play and other schools will use it against UM next year. it'd also be wise also for a school to continue to recruit the UM kid they want through the whole process. he's going to pull the same crap next year.

Only Harbaugh would pull a guy's scholarship and then have the balls to offer him a preferred walk on spot.

He's not only burning bridges, he's covering them in thermite and torching them with a flamethrower. What an arrogant ass.
It ain't commitable if it ain't a sleepover.

Also looking like they are recruiting over that TE from Conn. Sean McKeon as they are bringing in two 4* TE for visits in the last week or two. I think they already have another very highly rated 4* TE. committed too.

It ain't commitable if it ain't a sleepover.
No, no now I am going to have that vision in my head all day long. Icky. So, so wrong on so many levels.

No, no now I am going to have that vision in my head all day long. Icky. So, so wrong on so many levels.
What vision? The one of Harbaugh spooning with that kid?

Also looking like they are recruiting over that TE from Conn. Sean McKeon as they are bringing in two 4* TE for visits in the last week or two. I think they already have another very highly rated 4* TE. committed too.
He's from MA, went to my high school. Harbaugh can do whatever he wants on that one, there's rarely D1 talent at our school. Burning a bridge means nothing.

I think we take one more DE. Any chance Weaver is higher on our board than White? Based on this thread he was real interested in 'Cuse early in the summer.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom