Class of 2016 - DE/TE Demetrius Breedlove (NY) Verbal to Lafayette | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2016 DE/TE Demetrius Breedlove (NY) Verbal to Lafayette

anyone have an update on Demetrius Breedlove? Is SU still recruiting him and what is the interest level?
As far as I know things have slowed down with him and Cuse. I dont know specifics but I think he should have pulled the trigger earlier. I do know that he wants to play TE in college and SU along with other big schools had the same thought (interior D line) but he's still hoping schools will recruit him for TE. Ivy leauge schools are going after him hard.

As far as I know things have slowed down with him and Cuse. I dont know specifics but I think he should have pulled the trigger earlier. I do know that he wants to play TE in college and SU along with other big schools had the same thought (interior D line) but he's still hoping schools will recruit him for TE. Ivy leauge schools are going after him hard.
He is listed at 6'2 or 6'3, is that accurate? If so, P5 schools, particularly the top ones are looking for their tight ends to be in the 6'5 range, certainly no shorter than 6'4, is that where the problem lies with him?

Last edited:
He is listed at 6'2 pr 6'3, is that accurate? If so, P5 schools, particularly the top ones are looking for their tight ends to be in the 6'5 range, certainly no shorter than 6'4, is that where the problem lies with him?
Yes that could be holding teams back. His hands are not the issue. He has some of the best hands Ive seen on a player of his stature. He is more athletic than he looks.

Yes that could be holding teams back. His hands are not the issue. He has some of the best hands Ive seen on a player of his stature. He is more athletic than he looks.
So, skills for the position. Hands, check. Speed, I saw him listed at 4.8 forty, I would say check. He may not be the perfect height but the kid has size to block, so maybe not a complete check, but considering his other skills, I think he is worth giving a shot at TE. As long as he understands that he may be moved later if it is found that TE isn't working.

So, skills for the position. Hands, check. Speed, I saw him listed at 4.8 forty, I would say check. He may not be the perfect height but the kid has size to block, so maybe not a complete check, but considering his other skills, I think he is worth giving a shot at TE. As long as he understands that he may be moved later if it is found that TE isn't working.
I agree. Ive seen him all summer. He killed local teams in 7v7. Very impressive young man. I will take him if I was SU

I agree. Ive seen him all summer. He killed local teams in 7v7. Very impressive young man. I will take him if I was SU
Sounds like taking Cam Lynch at linebacker. The "big schools" didn't want him because of his height. How did that turn out for us? I would say pretty well.

From what I have read on here, we had quite a few TE here, whether converted or not. I say if we don't get Rose or Michaud, then wait until next year and get one that fit our real liking.

NJCuse97 said:
Flip that script and tell guys like DeHond to stop falling in love with schools from the south. Mr. Mack, it works both ways. Not every kid fits the team or system just because he's from NY or has qualified academically. I would love to see SU get more NY talent, but a lot of it leaves us, not the other way around. Look at the top 5 prospects from NY the last 5 years and see what I mean.

Love the premise, just a bad example since DeHond was never offered. Guys like Zembiac, jones, Curtis Samuel, etc are better example. NYS kids who never even entertained SU as an option.

Love the premise, just a bad example since DeHond was never offered. Guys like Zembiac, jones, Curtis Samuel, etc are better example. NYS kids who never even entertained SU as an option.
You mean to say that SU hasn't offered DeHond? and if not any reasoning? Sorry wrong thread but:

I agree and understand the DeHond comment to be true too. No inside, but given the WR Burgess situation about them not thinking they had a chance, I wouldn't be surprised if they felt the same with DeHond. I really used him as example because he's in the picture with Breedlove.

I agree and understand the DeHond comment to be true too. No inside, but given the WR Burgess situation about them not thinking they had a chance, I wouldn't be surprised if they felt the same with DeHond. I really used him as example because he's in the picture with Breedlove.
I rather offer and ask and get shot down than to never offer and ever know if they would have. I hope this isn't a common practice with HCSS or we could be bypassing a lot of good recruits. Just by the comments from some highly recruited players (2017) , they are highly interest in SU.

thanks Money

Not a bad deal for the young man - there are worse predicaments than having Ivy League schools recruiting you hard as your fall back position.

I rather offer and ask and get shot down than to never offer and ever know if they would have. I hope this isn't a common practice with HCSS or we could be bypassing a lot of good recruits. Just by the comments from some highly recruited players (2017) , they are highly interest in SU.

No. Every cycle highly ranked prospects that will probably not commit to SU are offered. Just take a peek in the database to see who has been offered. I don't know why DeHond hasn't been offered...but there is probably a good reason.

No. Every cycle highly ranked prospects that will probably not commit to SU are offered. Just take a peek in the database to see who has been offered. I don't know why DeHond hasn't been offered...but there is probably a good reason.

Toughness. Thats why San Antonio was not a hot bed in Texas for recruits. Attitude and toughness. Spent 5 years coaching high school in SA db's. Technically sound but you had to push them to get mad tough. 1970s. Succeded with a couple of brothers. In NY I see the same thing, its the less talented kids that bring toughness to the game while the more talented kids try to style too much. You listening Ashton?

Last edited:
I think football will continue to decline in NYS, certainly not on the way up.

NYS Coaches and AD's just voted to go to an extended schedule and add either 1 or 2 games each year depending on whether a school makes the playoffs or not.

This will help the talent level in NY State. Hopefully more changes will be made as it would really help the development of the kids in this state.

6 rc 53 yds

McQuaid 0
Rush-Henrietta 56
MCQ - (0-1) Demetrius Breedlove 6 rec, 53 yds; Michael Howland 14/25, 86 yds; 8 car, 33 yds; RH - (1-0) 480 yrds rushing; Steven Clark 10 tkls; Jared Gerbino 8/12, 140 yds, 2 TDs; 4 car, 53 yds, 1 TD; Gavin McDonald 15 car, 108 yds, 2 TDs; Joseph Ortiz 6 rec, 140 yds, 2 TDs; Dion Reid 11 car, 122 yds, 3 TDs;