Gus Cumberlander‏@BCG__9 48m
#Syracuse just offered
1f536.png
1f537.png
#ACC

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/1107401/gus-cumberlander

Offers from Elon, Georgia State, App State, ODU, Georgia Tech, UVA, Syracuse

Last edited:
http://recruiting.blog.ajc.com/2014/05/02/2015-sleeper-alert-big-gus-cumberlander-at-cedar-grove/

"He reminds me a lot of Francis Kallon, the former Central Gwinnett High School defensive tackle from England who only played one year of football before earning nearly 20 D1 scholarship offers (eventually signing with Georgia Tech).
Cumberlander has a better body frame than Kallon, and is also a lot more football savvy. But don’t expect him to play as big as his size on the high school-level this year. He’s still very raw, undeveloped and growing into his massive body. He’s two or three years from being a possible impact player.
But the sky is the limit.
“Gus has one of the biggest upsides I have seen,” Cedar Grove assistant Chris Hill said. “He will peak in college. He holds his weight good, and has not missed a single workout this winter. He put on close to 20 pounds this offseason.”
If I’m a college coach, I’m taking these kinds of kids all day long, especially when you take into account his friendly demeanor and good grades (3.0 GPA, and wants to study Pharmacy). He’s a project, but one worth investing in, imho.
Gus is the kind of guy I sign strictly based on potential. I have no idea where he’s going to play but hope he’s starting somewhere for my team by his third year. With his body frame, he could pretty much play anywhere on the offensive line or defensive line."

"Cumberlander, at 6 feet, 6 inches and 240 pounds has been in contact with SU regularly since he was offered. His top schools include Syracuse, Oregon, Mississippi State, Virginia and California, Hill said, and Cumberlander already has official visits set up for Oregon (next weekend) and Mississippi State."

How many other kids have been in regular contact with Syracuse that nobody knows about?

Yes please. Wonder where SU would like to play him?

"Cumberlander, at 6 feet, 6 inches and 240 pounds has been in contact with SU regularly since he was offered. His top schools include Syracuse, Oregon, Mississippi State, Virginia and California, Hill said, and Cumberlander already has official visits set up for Oregon (next weekend) and Mississippi State."

How many other kids have been in regular contact with Syracuse that nobody knows about?

I'll see your point and raise another.

How many of our early commits have been offered by other schools which hasn't been reported on? I've seen criticism about the offers our recruits have - Cumberlander is a great example, look at the offers he had in May when the majority of our class committed and look at the offers he has now. Remember, if the question isn't asked, we're likely to never find out about it unless a kid decides to take an OV somewhere or decommits.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom