Class of 2016 - DE Terrell Lucas, Jr. (FL) Verbal to Duke | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2016 DE Terrell Lucas, Jr. (FL) Verbal to Duke

http://michigan.No links to . . . allowed on this site.com/Bolt/Miami-One-Day-Camp-Top-Performers--37640542

Free Article...

On Saturday night, Michigan held a satellite camp in Miami (FL) at the Dolphins training facility.

247Sports national analyst Ryan Bartow was in attendance to provide the top performers below.

2017 WR Clevan Thomas - It was his show. He's one of the best wide receiver prospects in south Florida in 2017. The guy killed it last Sunday at the loaded Miami 7-on-7 including a lethal one-handed touchdown grab underneath the goalpost. The beat continued in front of the eyes of the Michigan staff. Thomas has burst, ball skills and most of all, that dog, that you need to compete. Temple offered first. Michigan offered second.

2017 RB Jordan Merrell - Brilliant spring evaluation by Cincinnati recruiter Eddie Gran to offer and get a commit from this explosive slot. Good luck hanging onto him. Merrell has that south Florida speed. Something you can only find in paradise. His second move is as fast as his first. He can beat DBs deep with his second and third gear. Look for his stock to explode soon.

2016 DE Terrell Lucas - Has over a dozen verbal offers. Michigan added their name to the list along with Syracuse and Minnesota, among others. Lucas is a prep defensive end that will likely transition to a 3-4 outside linebacker in college. He has a good frame. Takes coaching well. He was outstanding at last week's Alabama camp and was equally good in front of Michigan's staff.

And this is why the SEC and ACC don't like these satellite camps. They are a blatant recruiting tool that gives certain schools an unfair advantage of contact with prospects off campus.

And this is why the SEC and ACC don't like these satellite camps. They are a blatant recruiting tool that gives certain schools an unfair advantage of contact with prospects off campus.

The ACC should allow them then. It's bad that they don't and it's ridiculous that they can't even hold them within their own state borders.

The ACC should allow them then. It's bad that they don't and it's ridiculous that they can't even hold them within their own state borders.

I would rather see them banned. Do you really think SU would pay for football to hold a satellite camp in Florida?And the satellite camps within NY didn't produce anything.

I would rather see them banned. Do you really think SU would pay for football to hold a satellite camp in Florida?And the satellite camps within NY didn't produce anything.

The NY camps sure did produce. Isaiah Johnson's offer was earned at one of the downstate camps. You had NJ and MD kids attending those downstate camps. There were other offers as a result of the NY camps as well, not just his. It gets kids in front of the coaching staff without them having to travel 3/4 hours to Syracuse obviously. Buffalo and Rochester were also good camps.

Even if they didn't produce in their 1st or 2nd year it's crazy to think they wouldn't have. They were probably the BEST and most progressive thing Marrone ever did on the recruiting front.

Last edited:
CuseLegacy said:

So because there is a belief that SU wouldn't pay for one, they should be banned for everyone. This sounds like an SU issue not an NCAA issue.

The NY camps sure did produce. Isaiah Johnson's offer was earned at one of the downstate camps. You had NJ and MD kids attending those downstate camps. There were other offers as a result of the NY camps as well, not just his. It gets kids in front of the coaching staff without them having to travel 3/4 hours to Syracuse obviously. Buffalo and Rochester were also good camps.

Even if they didn't produce in their 1st or 2nd year it's crazy to think they wouldn't have. They were probably the BEST and most progressive thing Marrone ever did on the recruiting front.

You are right.. I forgot Johnson. But I doubt that the ACC would change their policy. None of the southern schools need to do satellite camps to get kids on campus for camps. The only ones that might have a problem are the northern schools and BC and Pitt don't seem to be having any issues this cycle. And honestly if a kid in NY is that interested in Syracuse they will find a way to get to camp.

So because there is a belief that SU wouldn't pay for one, they should be banned for everyone. This sounds like an SU issue not an NCAA issue.

No. It becomes a disparity in recruiting among schools... just like the facilities arms race. Banning satellite camps levels the "playing field" in recruiting.

No. It becomes a disparity in recruiting among schools... just like the facilities arms race. Banning satellite camps levels the "playing field" in recruiting.

But then again having Harbaugh running around shirtless in tan Khaki pants in satellite camps an only help the teams he is recruiting against....that photo was priceless.

Even Statefarm cringed on that one.
CGwF_oEUgAANFp4.jpg

If Michigan or Buttgers wants to have a satellite camp in Florida I say have at it. The return on that investment would probably be in the red and just not worth it. Not to mention who you are competing with down there. However, satellite camps within state borders should absolutely be allowed.

Last edited:

then ban egregious facilities as well. Sorry, don't buy the argument. ACC should allow the camps and SU should do the best to hold them or be guests at them.

texascpa said:
then ban egregious facilities as well. Sorry, don't buy the argument. ACC should allow the camps and SU should do the best to hold them or be guests at them.

They will be banned because the southern schools hold the power collectively and will end up winning the fight.

I am not sure that the return on investment is that high to utilize satellite camps. I know that I follow recruiting way too much but there are some definite trends going on with camps and I wonder if it is because visits to campus are more productive than camps.

One trend is that SU along with a number of other schools have stopped doing overnight camps. Camps are all one days now.
Also SU has stopped doing team camps which mostly consisted of teams from NY state. Have to think team camps are much more productive if you are in a hotbed of talent like Florida.

Plus SU is doing one less camp this year than last year.

Michigan's going to be a top 5 team in 3 years and OSU will still annihilate them.

His team, Miramar, on ESPNU right now. He is #10 according to Team's website.

Last edited: