Class of 2015 - DE Zach Allen...No not that one (CT) Flipped to BC | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2015 DE Zach Allen...No not that one (CT) Flipped to BC

http://www.ncadvertiser.com/29690/new-canaan-football-honored-on-tour-of-champions/

The New Canaan High School football team finished No. 175 nationally for the 2013 season, according to MaxPreps’ ranking program, and was honored as part of the Tour of Champions during halftime of the Rams’ basketball game on Tuesday night.
New Canaan (14-1) avenged a 28-24 loss to Darien on Thanksgiving Day with a 44-12 drubbing of Darien on Dec. 14 to capture the Connecticut Class L state championship, its first since 2009 and its 19th overall. New Canaan is one of just 50 schools being honored on the ninth annual MaxPreps Tour of Champions presented by the Army National Guard.
“In partnership with the Army National Guard, MaxPreps is delighted to honor New Canaan as one of fifty schools on the 2013 Football Tour of Champions,” said Andy Beal, Founder and President of MaxPreps. “We’re proud to include New Canaan into this elite group of teams in the country.”
“It’s a big country,” Rams’ head coach Lou Marinelli said. “ I go to the American Football Coaches Association event every year, so I understand how many teams are out there. And for us to be number 175 is certainly one of the highest honors I can remember while being at New Canaan.”
Senior quarterback Nick Cascione was dynamic in the Rams’ spread offense that averaged 43.6 points per game, as New Canaan set a school record for most wins (14) in a single season. Cascione completed 168-of-290 passes for 2,740 yards and 33 touchdowns while rushing 110 times for 699 yards and a dozen TDs.
Senior Cole Turpin (39 receptions for 661 yards and 10 TDs) and junior Alex LaPolice (35-619, 10 TDs) were his top targets. Junior Frank Cognetta rushed for 1,225 yards on 193 carries and scored 15 touchdowns.
Guard Joe Rocha and center Ryan McKenna, both seniors, stood out on the offensive line.
New Canaan’s 3-4 defense was just as impressive.
Senior linebacker Mike Root led the unit with 176 tackles, including 8.5 for loss and had 6.5 quarterback sacks and three interceptions. Cole Harris, another senior linebacker, contributed 170 tackles with 18.5 of them coming behind the line of scrimmage. He also had six sacks, intercepted three passes (returning two for TDs) and blocked a punt.
Junior outside linebacker Zach Allen made 81 stops and had a team-leading 11.5 sacks to go along with an interception which he brought back for a score.
Senior middle guard Connor Buck, who will play at Colgate University in Hamilton, N.Y., made 60 tackles and had 9.5 sacks while senior cornerback Michael DiCosmo had 51 tackles, a team-leading six interceptions and was named All-State. He will play at Colby College in Waterville, Maine.
Connecticut Army National Guard Captain Giancarlo Deangelo presented Coach Marinelli and the team with the Army National Guard national ranking trophy Tuesday night during halftime of the boys’ varsity basketball game. The team also received a banner for their accomplishment.
“For over 375 years, the men and women of the National Guard have come to the aid of their neighbors during times of need,” said Major Mark Burns. “As Citizen-Soldiers who serve part-time, we live and serve in more than 3,500 communities throughout the country. It is our privilege to honor and recognize nationally ranked football teams with the Army National Guard national ranking trophy which includes the Minuteman statue, a symbol of the National Guard.”
MaxPreps uses a sophisticated computer program, known as the Freeman Rankings, to determine team rank for the Tour of Champions. The system utilizes the huge number of game results stored in the MaxPreps database. Generally, the more a team wins the higher the ranking, but the system takes into account quality wins (against other highly ranked opponents), margin of victory, and strength of schedule. Playoff games are weighted 2.1 times a regular season game.

Cuse 1h
3-star New Canaan (Conn.) High DE Zach Allen says he was both surprised & blessed when Syracuse offered yesterday

Has offers from BC, UConn, Pitt, UMass, UVA

Harry G. Psaros ‏@PittGuru 15h
Spoke with 2015 DT Zach Allen from New Canaan, CT. He will visit PITT March 27th.

Spoke with 2015 DT Zach Allen from New Canaan, CT. He will visit PITT March 27th.

I believe he has already checked out BC, and was visiting Rutgers as well

How does that saying go now...

"Fool me once, shame on me, Fool me twice now..."

Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on you again!

George W. Bush

Was at UVA 2 weekends ago, BC for 2 days last weekend, Pitt this Saturday, Rutgers next Saturday, Northwestern April 4th.

Maybe we can work ourselves in there somewhere?

http://pittsburgh.sportswar.com/art...e-first-to-offer-ct-defensive-end-zach-allen/

PITT the first to offer CT defensive end Zach Allen
Harry Psaros, DreamBackfield, on March 18, 2014

Pitt head coach Paul Chryst has add 50 players in the last two recruiting classes. Despite a pair of sizeable classes, the Panthers remain thin at quarterback and defensive end. The Panthers have extended an early scholarship offer to an intriguing prospect from the state of Connecticut.
“Pitt was the first school to offer me a scholarship. I have always dreamed of getting a scholarship to play college football and the Panthers got the ball rolling,” stated New Canaan (CT) defensive end Zach Allen (6-foot-5 inches, 245 pounds).
Allen is a long defensive end with deceptive speed. He registered 81 tackles, 11 ½ sacks, 2 forced interceptions, 13 pass deflections and 2 defensive touchdowns as a junior. Zach has received scholarship offers from Pitt, Boston College, Connecticut, Virginia, Bowling Green, Syracuse, Massachusetts, Harvard, Yale, Fordham and Princeton. He has an outstanding 4.0 grade point average.
“I have a great relationship with Pitt’s defensive ends coach (John) Palermo. My family likes him as well,” he said. “He’s an impressive guy. His resume is awesome. He’s coached a lot of All-Americans and championship teams. Coach Palermo has been great throughout the process.”
Allen has visited Boston College, Harvard, Yale and Virginia. He will visit Pitt on March 27th. Zach has visits to Rutgers and Northwestern planned shortly after. Vanderbilt, Penn State and Wake Forest want him to visit as well.
When asked about his strengths as a defensive end, he stated, “I’m a high energy player. I go to the ball. I stay in my gap. I’m a quick learner and I’ll do what the coaches say. We play a 3-4 defense. I can stand up in coverage and I have speed coming off the edge.”
“I’m very open at the moment. I want to take some visits and make a decision prior to the season,” he said. “I’m really looking forward to visiting Pitt. Coach Palermo has told me so much about the school and the football program. I have done my research and it seems like a great school academically.”
“Pitt was the first school to offer me and every time I’m asked to list my top schools, Pitt has always been right up there.”

This union thing have anything to do with this recent uptick in recruits..thoughts?

As I've said over and over again, this union thing is eventually going to lead to wage demands, I don't care what they're saying to the media. So, I can easily see this being whispered to prospective recruits - "hey, come play with us, we've already been certified as employees, you can bet your ass this university is going to pay us soon. very soon."

As I've said over and over again, this union thing is eventually going to lead to wage demands, I don't care what they're saying to the media. So, I can easily see this being whispered to prospective recruits - "hey, come play with us, we've already been certified as employees, you can bet your ass this university is going to pay us soon. very soon."

Thats what I thought. Wonder if these kids have thought about what happens when the school doesnt meet their demands...hows that strike going to work.

So, I can easily see this being whispered to prospective recruits - "hey, come play with us, we've already been certified as employees, you can bet your ass this university is going to pay us soon. very soon."
no chance.
gotta give credit where credit is due. great school, good coach, good conference, program on the rise. No reason not to want to go there (besides weather)

Last edited:
no chance.
gotta give credit where credit is due. great school, good coach, good conference, program on the rise. No reason not to want to go there (besides weather)

agree with your points. timing is peculiar though.

no chance.

I'm not talking about the coaches saying this, I'm insinuating some of the current players may have. But, it could be nothing but a coincidence. seriously.

And the players can start looking forward to paying taxes on the value of their scholarship, since they are now employees.