Class of 2017 - DE Zach Morton (MI) COMMITTED & SIGNED TO SYRACUSE | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2017 DE Zach Morton (MI) COMMITTED & SIGNED TO SYRACUSE

Yup, with social media and everything, much harder to keep up with recruiting nowadays.

But the PS isn't recruiting specific like rivals and scout.

Exactly. Important to understand the difference between a newspaper and a recruiting/scouting service.

Agree with both of you. Bur I found out from s...t and this board an hour earlier. No big deal really. Just busting chops and lamenting perception of time. And Stephen CAN write and is good. Nothing against him or PS for that matter ... except for still allowing #budroppings on the site.

Fair enough. Just a general observation of their reactive (rather than proactive) approach. Due diligence is important, of course. But beiing an hour late reporting a major pickup nowadays is eternity.

Part of the problem is that the PS is not a recruiting site whose sole purpose is to follow and schmooze with prospects. Just in the database on here that I try to maintain there are about 250 prospects with offers just for 2017.

Last edited:
LeMoyneCuse said:
I found out on Syracuse.com. And besides, dude can actually write, unlike others who do the recruiting thing full tine.

Just doing a daily check-in? Do you visit the site just to see what's happening?

This site + Twitter probably gets you the same info 2 hrs - 1 day earlier.

Agreed that he can write - but speed and breaking stories is not Syracuse.com's strength.

orange79 said:
It's also not their primary goal.

Didn't say it was. It's odd that the poster said he found out there is all.

Long arms, good frame to put on weight. Another Cass kid, which is great. Should be interesting to see his SR year progression as he plays more DE snaps for his HS.
Questions about his size and weight- Do you think he's athletic enough to be a Khalil Mack-type, a hybrid who floats between LB and End? Can he support a frame of say 270 and play end exclusively? Can he get even bigger and move inside?

What's so odd about getting news from a news source?

It's a passive news site - you have to go there and check to see if something is posted specifically for football. Nothing? Check back in an hour. Nothing. Twitter's stream of info allows near instant news.

I follow the sc out guy, the coaches, and the PS guys - and they are nearly always late to the info (which is fine). But this method gets you both - the breaking news and the long form stuff from Bailey (who is very good).

It's all good if you like looking at ads at syracuse.com. They appreciate the clicks for sure.

It's a passive news site - you have to go there and check to see if something is posted specifically for football. Nothing? Check back in an hour. Nothing. Twitter's stream of info allows near instant news.

I follow the sc out guy, the coaches, and the PS guys - and they are nearly always late to the info (which is fine). But this method gets you both - the breaking news and the long form stuff from Bailey (who is very good).

It's all good if you like looking at ads at syracuse.com. They appreciate the clicks for sure.
What business is it of yours where I get my information?

Not everyone lives on twitter or subscribes to paysites. Some people actually have a life. ;)
Plus you can get news alerts from newspapers.

And with that enough said about how we find out who is offered or commits.

Questions about his size and weight- Do you think he's athletic enough to be a Khalil Mack-type, a hybrid who floats between LB and End? Can he support a frame of say 270 and play end exclusively? Can he get even bigger and move inside?
It looks like he has the frame to get up to 250/260/270 eventually. He's incredible lanky in his highlights so I can't imagine putting on extra weight would hurt him that much. He's already at 225 according to Scout so I'd expect him to be a DE.

CuseLegacy said:
Not everyone lives on twitter or subscribes to paysites. Some people actually have a life. ;) Plus you can get news alerts from newspapers. And with that enough said about how we find out who is offered or commits.

Sure thing, CuseLegacy. (I don't subscribe to any paysites. I get most of my info here and on Twitter.)

Thank you for all that you do!

LeMoyneCuse said:
What business is it of yours where I get my information?

Hey man, just trying to help. Faster info = more in the loop = better experience.

Sorry for the hijack, everyone.

After watching the hudl tape, I have mixed feelings. Looks to have good size for the de position and displays some physicality (particularly on one play when he blows through the line to make a play in the backfield).

But on many of these highlights, he's not finishing the play at all--either running by the QB or RB or not being in any sort of position to make a play. Don't know why these were considered "highlights."

When he does get by the line, many times he's not even blocked or the play is designed to not specifically block him (screen play). You can't tell much from that stuff.

Many times when he goes to make the tackle, he is arm wrapping and displays a lack of strength to bring down the ball carrier.

Anyway, my thoughts. He looks like a player with potential though--hence the 3 star rating.

Zach, welcome to the Syracuse Football family. Go Orange!

zach morton4436850_bc6a67741ad742dc924420c02d04fd58.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom