Class of 2016 - Dead period is finally over! 1/14/16 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2016 Dead period is finally over! 1/14/16

CuseCrew08

Starter
So what does that mean? I assume in home visits are set up for the rest of the week. Who gets the priority? It looks like Coach Lewis is in NJ, meeting with Harmon possibly?

Will Monroe, Lewis, et al. Be back on campus this weekend for the official visits? Or will the support staff/current players take care of those guys? I assume for the next 4 weekends most recruits will be on official visits every weekend, so there may not be much opportunity to have an in home on the weekend.

Lets see if this staff can recruit!

Can't imagine Monroe, Lewis, et al would not be back on campus for the visit. You need everyone there this late in the game to make the big push.

It has to be all hands on deck for the next three weekends. A lot of kids each weekend means you need everyone there. They will be logging lots of miles from Mon-Thu each week that is for sure

So what does that mean? I assume in home visits are set up for the rest of the week. Who gets the priority? It looks like Coach Lewis is in NJ, meeting with Harmon possibly?

Will Monroe, Lewis, et al. Be back on campus this weekend for the official visits? Or will the support staff/current players take care of those guys? I assume for the next 4 weekends most recruits will be on official visits every weekend, so there may not be much opportunity to have an in home on the weekend.

Lets see if this staff can recruit!
Not until tomorrow. You can probably expect in home visits during the week and all coaches on campus for ovs the next three weekends.

I was thinking about that this morning, there are a lot of interesting "features" to this recruiting thing. How many are on the road?

Kaufman seems like a genuinely decent guy ... I like how he hasn't forgotten all the kids at BG and their success this season. That's the way it should be.

It looks like they offered 4 or 5 new future recruits. And I don't think they are done yet in that area. :cool:

It looks like they offered 4 or 5 new future recruits. And I don't think they are done yet in that area. :cool:
To them these are probably not new prospects. Probably most are kids they have been following for awhile and some have BGSU offers.

To them these are probably not new prospects. Probably most are kids they have been following for awhile and some have BGSU offers.
I didn't realize the quality of recruits in the that area until we got HC Baber and following through the end of this recruiting cycle. wow I am impressed. They can compete with a lot of areas and would also with Florida if they had good weather year round like they do down there.

Interesting that we have seemingly been putting a lot of our effort into 2017 and '18 since the dead period has ended. This tells me that the staff thinks they can fill their class based on the OV's in the next 3 weeks. There are plenty of people to pick from. Like that we are getting a head start on '17 & '18. It doesn't feel that we are scrambling at all to put the '16 class together.