Dean Has Podcast | Syracusefan.com

Dean Has Podcast

Only 8 minutes through, but wow. He should do more of these. Straight shooting, no nonsense and everything he said about Diagne and Richardson is inline with my thoughts. From the NBA projection and Malachi building his skillset to be multi-faceted to all this uncertainty around Diagne. Doesn't seem terribly speculating when it comes from him, just sensible.

Not going to lie. Not sure if I fully listened to any podcast over 15 minutes, but this was nearly 54 minutes and I couldn't get enough, listened end to end. Some other great points:
  • Don't give up on recruiting big names like Porter and Duval
  • General message that we should stay firm with some of these 5 stars going forward. We are Syracuse and can compete with the best of them. Let's hope the interest is mutual and sustained since some big names decide later on in their recruitment.
  • He was upbeat and positive about 2016 and on, thought we bordered a tourney team this coming season, which most of us agree on I would think, myself included. I think we make the tournament, but wouldn't be surprised if we missed it either. A lot of uncertainty and that starts at the 5. I hope DC2 comes through for us.
  • A lot of positives when discussing Battle and MM. Battle could be that difference maker off the dribble, and that we needed and alpha Dion type to take over on iso. And about Moyer. Not even scratched the surface of his potential and he loved that MM never wavered on SU even though all news was bad at the time. Kid is going to be special. He wants to win a championship badly.
Sorry, I paraphrased a ton, but like OP says, you need to check it out!

This is GREAT. He is right in the sense how basically since Dion left we haven't had a G who can consistently get his own shot, break his man off the dribble, etc. Loved how he thinks Hopkins will be much more of a 'grinder' on the recruiting trail to close some of these recruits moving forward.

I finished listening a couple of days ago. Lots of info, great insite and no nonsense opinions. Something else I really liked was that I could picture him just sitting in front of the mic, no notes, all from knowledge as it seemed a very free flowing rap.

Just finished listening. I completely agree with Dean on the potential recruiting we'll have with Hopkins as head coach. I really won't be surprised if we start landing Top 10 or Top 20 guys on a more regular basis after he takes over. Speaking of the Hopkins era, I'm also very excited for what type of basketball we'll end up playing.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom