Dear Chancellor Syverud: | Syracusefan.com

Dear Chancellor Syverud:

Rocco

Watching you.
Please involve Mike Tirico in finding a new AD. He gets it. Football is the main reason why we got into the ACC, which has resulted in a windfall of new TV money for Syracuse. Time to make football a priority and become a player not only in the Northeast, but also return to the national stage. I'm not expecting us to compete with Alabama and LSU every year, but there is no reason why we can't win the ACC and be ranked in the Top 25 every year.

Hire an AD who is serious about returning our football program back to its glory days.

http://www.syracuse.com/orangesport...ootball_program_best_in.html#incart_big-photo

Great article.

Please involve Mike Tirico in finding a new AD. He gets it. Football is the main reason why we got into the ACC, which has resulted in a windfall of new TV money for Syracuse. Time to make football a priority and become a player not only in the Northeast, but also return to the national stage. I'm not expecting us to compete with Alabama and LSU every year, but there is no reason why we can't win the ACC and be ranked in the Top 25 every year.

Hire an AD who is serious about returning our football program back to its glory days.

http://www.syracuse.com/orangesport...ootball_program_best_in.html#incart_big-photo

Great article.

Ditto.

Mike is in two influential boards up at Syracuse. Worry not...

My prediction for after the new AD is picked. Some on this board will think it is a great pick. Some will think it sucks.

I agree that it will either be a great pick or it will suck.

I do have faith in this Chancellor that it's going to be a great pick. Doesn't strike me as the type that's going to screw this one up.

I actually like the way the University has navigated this NCAA investigation, found some opportunity in crisis and that is a sign of hood management. Personnel decisions are difficult, though ...

I actually like the way the University has navigated this NCAA investigation, found some opportunity in crisis and that is a sign of hood management. Personnel decisions are difficult, though ...

Big Steve and Ray Ray do a good job of managing the hood here in Syracuse.

The key is going to be fundraising and having the ability to dip into our many noted alumni. Gross did a good job, not great, so we need someone who can take it to the next step. We can't rely on state funds that most of the bigger named state schools can, so we really need to do a solid job cultivating the relationships with fans/alumni.

Further, it makes sense to look at others who have already been on the private school side, but I suppose it shouldn't be a prerequisite.

The key is going to be fundraising and having the ability to dip into our many noted alumni. Gross did a good job, not great, so we need someone who can take it to the next step. We can't rely on state funds that most of the bigger named state schools can, so we really need to do a solid job cultivating the relationships with fans/alumni.

Further, it makes sense to look at others who have already been on the private school side, but I suppose it shouldn't be a prerequisite.
There also needs to be better efforts to reach out to small-fry donors. $20 from a thousand people is $20,000 more than no donations at all.

There also needs to be better efforts to reach out to small-fry donors. $20 from a thousand people is $20,000 more than no donations at all.

The latest Orange Club chart now has a category for $44 donors...

image_handler.aspx

Did they really publish that chart? Very sloppy. Looks like an intern did it.
It's the tiny details like this or that press conference to unveil the new uniforms that need to improve under the new AD. It's taking things to the next level so they don't look rinky-dink.

I love the excel gridlines at the bottom.

I can't find the button to make them go away, damn you Microsoft Office 2007! I'm just going to send it as is.

I love the excel gridlines at the bottom.

I can't find the button to make them go away, damn you Microsoft Office 2007! I'm just going to send it as is.
It's a nice touch. Looks a 4:30PM on a Friday job. Time for happy hour!

No way. An intern would know how to align visual elements and not include grid lines at the bottom... Interns have been doing stuff like this since grade school. Looks more like it was done by someone with limited computer ability. And then whoever approved it was an idiot.

CuseIsInTheHouse said:

No way. An intern would know how to align visual elements and not include grid lines at the bottom... Interns have been doing stuff like this since grade school. Looks more like it was done by someone with limited computer ability. And then whoever approved it was an idiot.

Looks like someone did a badly aligned cut and paste job using construction paper...I would bet that the "grid lines" are actually pipe cleaners.

At least they got the conference tourney right. Same chart in a January hoops game program still read big east

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom