Defense was offensive | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Defense was offensive

All BC did was find a QB who could run a bit and complete a forward pass or two. Pretty simple.

I laugh, but we have not figured out both sides of this offensive equation without exposing Dungey 2-3x per set of downs.

Have to get a bit of a running game going. I think we will, but it's not there just yet.
When they stopped being horrendous at running, the defense collapsed.

RE: third down defense. Reversion to the mean sucks, and it sucked hard today. This defense wasn't special in any way such that you'd think there was some kind of unique or special ability to stop teams on third down.

I'm still trying to process what I saw on defense. This defense played on the road against some impressive talent on the offensive line and more than held their own. I just watched the line get destroyed, pushed back, and manhandled all game. Our linebackers were awful - filling the wrong gaps, unable to get to the QB on blitzes, and consistently making the wrong reads. The fact that every 4th down play was a QB end around didn't seem to creep into their brains as they sold out on the run up the middle. Senior LB's need to be smarter than that.

Wake's a nice team and all, but the Syracuse defense made them look like the Kurt Warner Rams out there today. I shudder at what Lamar Jackson is going to do to them.

Good take, the 2 lbs are replaceable, alot more replaceable than our tandem at wr. Zaire and Parris just didnt show up from ht in the wake game on. Not sure what happened, but leaders dont do that and the body language was off base too.

They have represented the program well and have been solid as kids and students, i wish them all the best.

Good take, the 2 lbs are replaceable, alot more replaceable than our tandem at wr. Zaire and Parris just didnt show up from ht in the wake game on. Not sure what happened, but leaders dont do that and the body language was off base too.

They have represented the program well and have been solid as kids and students, i wish them all the best.

With even decent QB play, WR production will not be difficult to replicate in this system. There is also a talent and speed upgrade in the current and incoming class at WR (I know you think the talent issue is overblown - I do not). If they add a JUCO or GT to the mix, the WR position will not miss a beat and will likely be even better.

We are just not physical - on both sides of the ball.

BC was very physical.

Agree, i know some, including myself have called Addazio and BC meathead FB; but I must admit to being very impressed with BCs size AND speed. They played some good FB this year on their way to 7-5 and their schedule wasnt powder puff either. ND and 2 competitive MAC teams in CMU and UNI.

When you look at the challenge of recruiting a kid to chestnut hill, in a pro city, in the cold north, playing in that dingy stadium, with tough academic standard's like cuse; he does a great job.

With even decent QB play, WR production will not be difficult to replicate in this system. There is also a talent and speed upgrade in the current and incoming class at WR (I know you think the talent issue is overblown - I do not). If they add a JUCO or GT to the mix, the WR position will not miss a beat and will likely be even better.

Thanks for the info about the incoming wr talent.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom