Defensive Line | Syracusefan.com

Defensive Line

sirLGO

Walk On
It's becoming pretty clear that if our defense can get pressure with just the front four we can look really good (Colgate, Uconn). When we haven't been able to get pressure with just the front four is when we have looked awful (Louisville, USF).

With the entire 2 deep on the d-line being sophomores and freshmen we'll likely have a rough time for the remainder of this year, but you have to feel pretty good about the defense 2-3 years out even if we don't recruit any "shut down" type DBs.

when we made the QB go to his 2nd/3rd read, we got pretty good results Sat.. Thats all you can ask the dline to do.. i thought it was interesting we went to Thomas a DE at times to get pressure.

the pressure against UL wasnt as bad as the results though.. several of the big plays were just jackson being too athletic. FSU had the same issue.

when we made the QB go to his 2nd/3rd read, we got pretty good results Sat.. Thats all you can ask the dline to do.. i thought it was interesting we went to Thomas a DE at times to get pressure.

the pressure against UL wasnt as bad as the results though.. several of the big plays were just jackson being too athletic. FSU had the same issue.

We got Jackson once (McKinley?) and had him dead to rights two other times and he squirted out of there.

Same with Flowers to an extent.

Kizer will present some of the same problems.

So did Coleman and Black start on the DL? The lineup said Guidice for Samuels, with Slayton staying at DT. But it sounds like Slayton played a lot of DT with 2 true freshmen at DE.

Big question to me is what is going on with Pickard and the Colorado transfer? I don't watch the DL all that closely, especially on TV, but I don't recall seeing either of their unreadable #'s very much.

So did Coleman and Black start on the DL? The lineup said Guidice for Samuels, with Slayton staying at DT. But it sounds like Slayton played a lot of DT with 2 true freshmen at DE.

Big question to me is what is going on with Pickard and the Colorado transfer? I don't watch the DL all that closely, especially on TV, but I don't recall seeing either of their unreadable #'s very much.

Thanks. It's hard to be playing tourist and trying to follow the game. I gave it everything I had!

Pickard and Wilson also played.

Pickard had 2 tackles.

Pickard and Wilson also played.

Pickard had 2 tackles.

So they're healthy but options 3 and 4 behind the two true freshmen. I just find that interesting, and in a year or two will find it awesome. Anyone heard from Ruff lately?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom