Depth Chart 2 deep for Rhode island released | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Depth Chart 2 deep for Rhode island released

Wilson and Dungey sharing the #2 spot makes me think that we won't see Dungey unless Hunt is out with a long term injury. This might just be wishful thinking on my part. I'd hate to see Dungey's eligibility blown in mop-up duty. Let Wilson have those snaps. I hope they won't use Dungey unless they are really going to use him.

I'm with you. Don't blow Dungey's year unless all else goes to hell.

Wilson and Dungey sharing the #2 spot makes me think that we won't see Dungey unless Hunt is out with a long term injury. This might just be wishful thinking on my part. I'd hate to see Dungey's eligibility blown in mop-up duty. Let Wilson have those snaps. I hope they won't use Dungey unless they are really going to use him.
I'm with you. Don't blow Dungey's year unless all else goes to hell.
If it appears that Dungey is going to be the starter next year, I'd rather him get some snaps in mop up duty than Wilson. Some game experience is better than none. With where we are at right now, a 4-year starting QB would just be wishful thinking. Just let Dungey get some snaps to make it a smooth transition.

Winfield is an athletic freak. I have been saying for the last year that if the lightbulb goes off he can be special...

I also like the idea of 2 bigger corners on the edge. Should help shut down bubbles. Wayne in the slot for okie has looked good in the past.

Clark is #2

Sheppard, Ted Taylor jumping Thomas for backup olb, perry at olb, Whitner, Winfield jumping Morgan, shanley and Cody Conway wow.

Nice job for these guys. They must have all had outstanding camps.

4 true frosh on the two deep, not sure if that's exciting or scary.
Exciting for the future, scary for this year.

cuse309 said:
Exciting for the future, scary for this year.

Eh, if Shafer is recruiting as well as some say then we really should be seeing some frosh getting meaningful snaps. So logically this makes sense. 4 seems right, roughly 10% of the two-deep.

Amazing.

Quite an accomplishment for the local guy.

Still a walk-on?
If they were going to reward the NJ LB from Camden who quit a scholarship if Blair didn't qualify, wouldn't that mean that it would be available for Shanley?

Eh, if Shafer is recruiting as well as some say then we really should be seeing some frosh getting meaningful snaps. So logically this makes sense. 4 seems right, roughly 10% of the two-deep.
Agree completely. Moreover, the "every freshman playing costs you a win" stuff is old-school thinking. In this day and age, if you don't have a hand full of freshmen contributing, then you aren't getting it done on the recruiting front.

If they were going to reward the NJ LB from Camden who quit a scholarship if Blair didn't qualify, wouldn't that mean that it would be available for Shanley?
Does he get a scholarship as the kid of an employee?

Whitey23 said:
Does he get a scholarship as the kid of an employee?

He gets 90% or 95% off tuition depending on department. He'd still have to pay room, board, and fees which still comes to about 20k.

He gets 90% or 95% off tuition depending on department. He'd still have to pay room, board, and fees which still comes to about 20k.
Room, board and fees alone are $20k? How does that even happen?

Center is a big concern in 2016. Have to hope some stability emerges there going into 2016. If not and its Emerich, could be a huge problem next year.

OttoinGrotto said:
Room, board and fees alone are $20k? How does that even happen?

Room and board 15k
Fees 2k

So it's actually 17k for those 3 things. The rest are estimated costs for books, supplies, personal expenses, etc. I'm looking at the cost of attendance.

Winfield beat out Morgan. And looks like Clark won the NT/DT battle.

Have to love the tall, athletic CBs on this team.

NFL teams oftentimes don't have that kind of size at that position.

Not to look ahead (ok, to totally look ahead), but the size of our LB's and our SS makes me very afraid of what Leonard Fournette is going to do

Have to love the tall, athletic CBs on this team.

NFL teams oftentimes don't have that kind of size at that position.
Agree, but shouldn't our safeties be bigger than our CBs?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom