Depth Chart for Colgate | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

Depth Chart for Colgate

I see an offense that can win some games and a defense that may take some lumps, but will gain some much needed experience for when we make our real move next season. Hell the defense will return all listed starters, plus guys like Rodney Williams and Pickard who are underclassmen out injured. DL has potential to be an absolute strength next season.

May takeaways:

- seeing Conway win starting OT was the best thing that could have happened. Would have been even better seeing Adam win the opposite OT job, but at least he is on the 2 deep, which is promising for a smooth transition next season when we lose Palmer, Emerich, and McGolster. As for Conway, I loved what I saw from him and think he can be a stud that anchors the line the next 3 seasons.

- Trio of Dungey-Ishmael-Strickland actually has the potential to give us legit high-end ACC level playmakers on the offensive side of the ball. Through in Bris/Erv and this offense has the potential to be a force this season. Could be a fun few years.

- not expecting anything from a production standpoint from TE this year. Calling Mr. Reeves, or any other elite TE for that matter...

- DL has potential to be very very good. Slayton, Coleman, Clark. All of our most talented defensive guys are all on DL and have 36-48+ games in Orange. I'm picking this group as my surprise unit of the season.

- LB unit needs to anchor the defense this season. By far the most experienced group, who imo is coming off a bit of a let down in 2015. Both Franklin and Bennett flashed at times last year, but both need to grow into their roles as veteran leaders and be more consistent this season. I think this group has a ceiling that is a bit limited because of size, but plenty of enough talent to be a positive for this defense. Zaire needs to emerge and flirt with all-acc honors for this defense to exceed expectations.

-DB is the munchkin unit that hopefully builds off of last years trial by fire. Outside of Cordy, who was solid for most of the year, this group all took their lumps at times. Winfield, and Whitner have a chance to be really good, then again they have a chance to be really bad again too. Positive is at least the talent is there. Now you just have to make plays. Cordy is a big play maker.

-ST - Hofrichter will be crucial this year after being spoiled by Dixon for the past 3 years. Dixon saved us numerous times over the past few years. I am hoping that The Hof won't need to bail the offense out nearly as much, but he will still need to be a respectable replacement to one of our all-time greats.
As for PK you would be hard pressed to find many programs that should feel much more confident than SU should. Cole has been a surprise throughout his career and should only get better. He should have rode the confidence from the game winning fg vs BC through the offseason and fight for all-acc honors.

- Overall - Cordy-Franklin-Slayton needs to be the defensive answer to Dungey-Ishmael-Strickland. I'm far more confident in the offensive trio living up to the expectations than the defensive group, but for our defense to be anything slightly above average, we are going to need monster seasons from those 3.

- Players that need to emerge for Syracuse to surprise.
Slayton
Clark
Franklin
Winfield
Custis
Conway
Roberts

Record : 6-6 and we show the ACC that the future is extremely bright in Central NY

I see an offense that can win some games and a defense that may take some lumps, but will gain some much needed experience for when we make our real move next season. Hell the defense will return all listed starters, plus guys like Rodney Williams and Pickard who are underclassmen out injured. DL has potential to be an absolute strength next season.

May takeaways:

- seeing Conway win starting OT was the best thing that could have happened. Would have been even better seeing Adam win the opposite OT job, but at least he is on the 2 deep, which is promising for a smooth transition next season when we lose Palmer, Emerich, and McGolster. As for Conway, I loved what I saw from him and think he can be a stud that anchors the line the next 3 seasons.

- Trio of Dungey-Ishmael-Strickland actually has the potential to give us legit high-end ACC level playmakers on the offensive side of the ball. Through in Bris/Erv and this offense has the potential to be a force this season. Could be a fun few years.

- not expecting anything from a production standpoint from TE this year. Calling Mr. Reeves, or any other elite TE for that matter...

- DL has potential to be very very good. Slayton, Coleman, Clark. All of our most talented defensive guys are all on DL and have 36-48+ games in Orange. I'm picking this group as my surprise unit of the season.

- LB unit needs to anchor the defense this season. By far the most experienced group, who imo is coming off a bit of a let down in 2015. Both Franklin and Bennett flashed at times last year, but both need to grow into their roles as veteran leaders and be more consistent this season. I think this group has a ceiling that is a bit limited because of size, but plenty of enough talent to be a positive for this defense. Zaire needs to emerge and flirt with all-acc honors for this defense to exceed expectations.

-DB is the munchkin unit that hopefully builds off of last years trial by fire. Outside of Cordy, who was solid for most of the year, this group all took their lumps at times. Winfield, and Whitner have a chance to be really good, then again they have a chance to be really bad again too. Positive is at least the talent is there. Now you just have to make plays. Cordy is a big play maker.

-ST - Hofrichter will be crucial this year after being spoiled by Dixon for the past 3 years. Dixon saved us numerous times over the past few years. I am hoping that The Hof won't need to bail the offense out nearly as much, but he will still need to be a respectable replacement to one of our all-time greats.
As for PK you would be hard pressed to find many programs that should feel much more confident than SU should. Cole has been a surprise throughout his career and should only get better. He should have rode the confidence from the game winning fg vs BC through the offseason and fight for all-acc honors.

- Overall - Cordy-Franklin-Slayton needs to be the defensive answer to Dungey-Ishmael-Strickland. I'm far more confident in the offensive trio living up to the expectations than the defensive group, but for our defense to be anything slightly above average, we are going to need monster seasons from those 3.

- Players that need to emerge for Syracuse to surprise.
Slayton
Clark
Franklin
Winfield
Custis
Conway
Roberts

Record : 6-6 and we show the ACC that the future is extremely bright in Central NY
McGloster is a RS Junior, we have him for another year after this one.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom