Class of 2015 - Derrick Jones | Page 10 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2015 Derrick Jones

Another thing to mention. A few bjorn buzzwords you might want to toss around from time to time:
  • Kick rocks - when you're not particularly please with a post
  • Goober - it is really the lowest of low a human being can be, at least as is my understanding
  • Just talk YMCA basketball with anyone, you're in

Am I way off base by thinking Bryant and either Diange or Diallo would be a better option? I mean I'll take a 5 star guy don't get me wrong and there is no guarentee on any of them so first come first served I guess. Better get on board now boys
No. I think 95% of the good people that follow recruiting here agrees with you.

No. I think 95% of the good people that follow recruiting here agrees with you.
Yep, it would be tough to try to take a 5 star kid who expects to get alot of playing time and fit him in to what should be a talented and experienced set of wings. If he were to understand that a three year plan would work best for him, to work everyday against more experienced players, to make him a much better player than to just be forcefed minutes. Then, he would be a good fit. But, there aren't too many 5 star players like that.

Kinda wanna see Bryant and a combo guard of some sort... maybe Devincenzo or Howard if they can handle the point effectively. I think Bryant can play some 4 or 5 so that could free up a scholly for the guard.

Could jones ever be converted to a guard? He's 6'6 right?

This may be an off comparison. But could this guy be like Jonny Flynn but 6'6?

After seeing that the odds of Byrant being a 4 by the time he gets here are slim to none and it being probable that we will have DC2 and Obokoh at the 5 I'm looking at the 15 class differently. I no longer want Diange & Bryant. One or the other and a Diange may be a better fit being agile enough to play some 4 next to one of the other bigs. I also am beginning to see the value in having bigs that stick around and know the system if they start scoring (like Rak has and Colman will) bonus. Either way though with Lyndon in the fold I prefer either an absolute stud Forward or holding onto the last spot for 16. Jones may wind up being that guy but I worry about his size and ability to score using skill not just athletism because things are different in big boy college ball.

Last edited:
After seeing that the odds of Byrant being a 4 by the time he gets here are slim to none and it being probable that we will have DC2 and Obokoh at the 5 I'm looking at the 15 class differently. I no longer want Diange & Bryant. One or the other and a Diange may be a better fit being agile enough to play some 4 next to one of the other bits. I also am beginning to see the value in having bits that stick around and know the system if they start scoring (like Rak has and Colman will) bonus. Either way though with Lyndon in the fold I prefer either an absolute stud Forward or holding onto the last spot for 16. Jones may wind up being that guy but I worry about his size and ability to score using skill not just athletism because things are different in big boy college ball.

Diagne will be at the Duke game and visited for Orange Madness. Staff is getting the guys they want the most on campus as quickly as possible. This is just my opinion, but if Diagne is the next priority, that will leave the rest of the '15 recruiting cycle to focus on Derrick Jones and '16 for Tyus Battle.

Diagne will be at the Duke game and visited for Orange Madness. Staff is getting the guys they want the most on campus as quickly as possible. This is just my opinion, but if Diagne is the next priority, that will leave the rest of the '15 recruiting cycle to focus on Derrick Jones and '16 for Tyus Battle.

I agree and would not be at all surprised to find out Diange is the priority over Bryant at this point. I worry about Brysnt's mobility even as a 5 for us after his game Thursday. Coleman moves much much better than him. I'm not sure I want to see us take Jones after Disnge however unless the staff is sure he can be a difference maker right away. We will have senior MikeG and junior BJ to man the 3. I'd almost rather have another big forward who can play the 4 as it is possible that jerami, Tyler and Chris will be gone.

I think it's telling the amount of time Diagne has spent at Cuse already. Never hear anything about Bryant, I think that says a lot. Cuse's #1 priority right now seems to be Diagne.