Class of 2015 - Derrick Jones | Page 12 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2015 Derrick Jones

I saw on ESPN that he picked up offers from UNC Uconn and Indiana, but said he's still hoping to pick up offers from Duke and WVU.

WVU? Why

I saw on ESPN that he picked up offers from UNC Uconn and Indiana, but said he's still hoping to pick up offers from Duke and WVU.

WVU? Why

28766234.jpg

Something tells me this guy is going to be a star.

I live in west va and in the eastern panhandle the coeds are better than you think given the proximity to dc.

@PaulBiancardi Who are the next Syracuse targets for Class of 2015?#AskCoachB

— David Hart (@DHartGiants) December 30, 2013

The Orangemen have done an excellent job at targeting underclassmen. The recently landed ESPN No. 12 Malachi Richardson (Hamilton, N.J./Trenton Catholic Academy) is an outstanding shooter with excellent size and incredible overall polish for a young prospect. Also committed is power forward Tyler Lydon (Pine Plains, N.Y. /New Hampton School).

ESPN No. 19 small forward Derrick Jones (Philadelphia/Archbishop Carroll High School) is a dynamic athlete and finisher who plays at the rim. They are also heavily involved and in the final six schools for Donte DiVincenzo (Wilmington, Del./Salesianum School) He is an AAU teammate of Richardson and they both play for Team Final.

@PaulBiancardi Who are the next Syracuse targets for Class of 2015?#AskCoachB

— David Hart (@DHartGiants) December 30, 2013

The Orangemen have done an excellent job at targeting underclassmen. The recently landed ESPN No. 12 Malachi Richardson (Hamilton, N.J./Trenton Catholic Academy) is an outstanding shooter with excellent size and incredible overall polish for a young prospect. Also committed is power forward Tyler Lydon (Pine Plains, N.Y. /New Hampton School).

ESPN No. 19 small forward Derrick Jones (Philadelphia/Archbishop Carroll High School) is a dynamic athlete and finisher who plays at the rim. They are also heavily involved and in the final six schools for Donte DiVincenzo (Wilmington, Del./Salesianum School) He is an AAU teammate of Richardson and they both play for Team Final.
No Thomas Bryant
Knoshown in tears.jpg

Anyway we get two more guys? Or is it just looking like 1?

I'd be between Jones and Bryant.

Crazy two good looking recruits locked up. I would really like to see Jones, and Diagne commit. Really believe that they will take 4. Grant and Ennis gone, and possibly McCoulough. Howard or Silva would be nice to have also. Either way we can not loose. I just have a feeling Bryant and Brisco seem to have eyes else where. Anyone know of when any of these other guys are visiting.

Crazy two good looking recruits locked up. I would really like to see Jones, and Diagne commit. Really believe that they will take 4. Grant and Ennis gone, and possibly McCoulough. Howard or Silva would be nice to have also. Either way we can not loose. I just have a feeling Bryant and Brisco seem to have eyes else where. Anyone know of when any of these other guys are visiting.
Talk to the recruiting guru Francis03

Bryant was just here for the Villanova game and I seem to remember Diagne is already scheduled to be at the Duke game. Francis said Bryant comes to more SU games than any recruit he can remember so I would not be surprised if he was at the Duke game too.

I don't know anything about Jones.

Don't discount Diagne here...
Not discounting, we just have the luxury of having an elite recruit option A Thomas Bryant...and another great recruit option B Diagne.

So naturally I'd like Bryant first though Diagne's great too.

Also Jones is still young he could be 6'8 by the time he hits college. With his length and athleticism he could stretch to the 4.

I am a big fan of Bryant but am afraid if he drags out his recruitment, it could mean SU gets Diange. Having seen Bryant play, he plays with a great motor, has freaky long arms and length, is developing a low post game, and has the ability to step out and hit mid range and longer shots. What am I missing here, hopefully he gives SU his commitment soon.

I am a big fan of Bryant but am afraid if he drags out his recruitment, it could mean SU gets Diange. Having seen Bryant play, he plays with a great motor, has freaky long arms and length, is developing a low post game, and has the ability to step out and hit mid range and longer shots. What am I missing here, hopefully he gives SU his commitment soon.

I kind of agree as it looks like we are moving more and more toward getting guys locked up early. It seems we haven't done great on the big time guys that drag it out anyways so I'm fine with it and hopefully recruits will start to see that knowing where you are going and what your roll will be early on can allow you to be better prepared.

I saw some google quotes saying Jones wants to go to Syracuse. This is the strangest recruiting year ever. If we get one more verbal that will mean it will be over a year before we care about recruiting again. How crazy is that!