DETAILS and Decision making! We lack it! | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

DETAILS and Decision making! We lack it!

I yelled STOPPPPPP every time Cooney was dribbling. I was like geesh, I exude no confidence in our guys but those plays that Cooney and Richardson made at the end are the reason why! Just SOO many ridiculously stupid plays that are such low percentage.
If he would just work around the 3 point line and be available for kickouts, he would be an ok player. I'm not sure who told him and why he was told to do more than that. Every time he takes more than one dribble inside the 3 point line it's a 50/50 chance that a fast break won't be occurring for the other team off a turnover or bad shot.

If he would just work around the 3 point line and be available for kickouts, he would be an ok player. I'm not sure who told him and why he was told to do more than that. Every time he takes more than one dribble inside the 3 point line it's a 50/50 chance that a fast break won't be occurring for the other team off a turnover or bad shot.
Exactly. That's what I was saying. I was like Cooney, if you are going to be on the floor, just shoot when you are wide TF open. That's it. Try no more.

I could never figure out why Cooney was initiating the offense for a five minute stretch. That stretch really cost us the game. After 30 games will still don't play with a purpose on offense. SU is so much better when the ball goes through Lydon. I watch other teams and their better shooters hardly ever miss a wide open shot. It seems like we can only make contested shots. It's mind-boggling at times. We use to have great slashers and finishers at the rim. 'We don't have anyone any more. I cringe when any of our players put the ball on the floor and goes to the basket. I hope BAttle and Moyer brings us some new dimensions on offense.

I could never figure out why Cooney was initiating the offense for a five minute stretch. That stretch really cost us the game. After 30 games will still don't play with a purpose on offense. SU is so much better when the ball goes through Lydon. I watch other teams and their better shooters hardly every miss a wide open shot. It seems like we can only make contested shots. It's mind-boggling at times. We use to have great slashers and finishers at the rim. 'We don't have anyone any more. I cringe when any of our players put the ball on the floor and goes to the basket. I hope BAttle and Moyer brings us some new dimensions on offense.
The lack of pick and pop with Lydon is inexcusable. Even if he doesn't shoot, we can, at that point, slash because that giant white guy they have isn't around the basket.

This is a good post. We do have Carmelo, but other than him, Wes is the only one who has had a decently formidable career. Other than that, it's extremely bleak. Flynn did have a solid rookie year and got hurt. You would expect to see a little more success in the NBA from a prominent program.

Warrick had a solid career. MCW was rookie of the year, and is a better player than Wes.

Say what you want about Waiters but he's averaged 14-15 ppg a few times(better than Flynn's rookie year) and is in the rotation for one of the better teams in the league.

Jerami Grant is showing some promise this year too.

The OP's title pretty much somes up the fact we don't have a real point guard.

And if Will Hicks has anything to do with the S&C of this team explains a lot,very lot. Don't expect Lydon and Richardson to put on real mass unless they do it all on their own.

If Will Hicks could do one thing is put on mass. See Jamal Dumas' gut and Walter Reyes getting fatter and slower for 4 years.

099e1b76ed483385893c4f3276dd27fd.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom