Class of 2015 - RB Devine Ozigbo (TX) Flipped to Nebraska from ISU | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2015 RB Devine Ozigbo (TX) Flipped to Nebraska from ISU

Devine made the front page of the Sports section of the Dallas Morning News. He's wearing his Syracuse socks and t-shirt under his uniform. He has absolutely torn it up the 2nd half of the season. This is from their first round playoff game which he had 183 yds rushing with 3 TD's, and 41 yds receiving and 1 TD.
image.jpg

He said his son has been doing the recruiting not him.. Cam Newton's dad took money from Auburn and came clean and nothing happened there...
not alum but he was on the mt markham all tourney team as an ESM senior and was also once TV 5 athlete of the week (soccer) Alfred Grad

Devine made the front page of the Sports section of the Dallas Morning News. He's wearing his Syracuse socks and t-shirt under his uniform. He has absolutely torn it up the 2nd half of the season. This is from their first round playoff game which he had 183 yds rushing with 3 TD's, and 41 yds receiving and 1 TD.View attachment 5645
SU staff needs to at least make contact here. soon

Someone tell the staff that a productive Texas RB was wearing Syracuse socks on the cover of the Dallas Morning News. Jeez
No someone tell them that a running back that had 228 all purpose yards and 4 TDs playing at a very high level in Texas wants to come to Syracuse but the staff havent as much as sent a card. Not to mention the kids a sophmore and has already picked up an offer from Utah and is being contacted by Ok st, Ok, Baylor, among others...geeze oh and has run a sub 4.5 40

If somebody from the Cuse Twitter Army is reading this, please tweet that pic to Eric White.

For the good of the program, god wills it.

Seriously at this point I feel like we need to corner a member of the staff in the football offices and make him read this thread.

This is insane. This kid is absolutely the real deal and is tearing it up against some of the toughest competition in Texas. While we're at it, the Sachse QB is also having a record year. Get on this now !!!!!

Why would one of our coaches not be talking to this kid? I get he is out of our normal area of expertise, but cmon, we have an in and the kids a stud. At the least just shoot the kid an offer and get in there before the big boys come calling. At least then we can be around at the end in 2 years when he makes his decision.

Seriously at this point I feel like we need to corner a member of the staff in the football offices and make him read this thread.
How about future grad assistant Mackey? His family already knows the kid, apparently.

White has got to be on this board in some fashion. I'm sure he's seen this thread. It really makes no sense to at least reach out. If the kid is serious enough to say - take an official visit here next year - then we should recruit him.

White has got to be on this board in some fashion. I'm sure he's seen this thread. It really makes no sense to at least reach out. If the kid is serious enough to say - take an official visit here next year - then we should recruit him.
Especially since the kid was here for Clemson and loved it here. He was at our tailgate, seemed like such a nice kid

Why would one of our coaches not be talking to this kid? I get he is out of our normal area of expertise, but cmon, we have an in and the kids a stud. At the least just shoot the kid an offer and get in there before the big boys come calling. At least then we can be around at the end in 2 years when he makes his decision.

i really think we prefer running backs who have the ability to catch the ball. not sure if this is Devine's game? Either that or we prefer very very short running backs because that's who we seem to be targeting? In all seriousness though this kid is a player, and is a legit power 5 running back i'm not sure why we don't at least make contact?

i really think we prefer running backs who have the ability to catch the ball. not sure if this is Devine's game? Either that or we prefer very very short running backs because that's who we seem to be targeting? In all seriousness though this kid is a player, and is a legit power 5 running back i'm not sure why we don't at least make contact?
Good point about pass catching. Devine has shown to have good hands, I think he caught 6 balls last game. The passes are generally short swing passes and he does the rest. Don't know about passes more downfield, which is what I think you may be referring to.

Picked up an offer from Iowa...

I tweeted this thead to Eric White a couple days ago with the note "I know you're always on top of things, but just making sure you weren't missing a stud who's interested."

Just interesting that Devine hasn't heard anything. That's crazy.

Picked up an offer from Iowa...[/q
"The Ozigbo Enigma " I tried to come up with reasons for SUs lack of interest

1. Were pretty well stocked at running back.......doesnt work int hat PTG and Smith will be gone and DM and GM2 would be upperclassmen
2. Were not recruiting Texas anymore........This kid wants to look at Syracuse, not alot of recruiting $$$$ would hve to be spent.
3. Saw film and weren't impressed........Texas 5a I hardly think so
4. We don't recruit Jrs ( i heard somewhere ) .........stupid
5. Message board geeks are pushing him so he must not be worth a look. .........???????

Which in the end still leaves me scratching my head now that Iowa has joined the Offer list. which i have no doubt is going to grow rapidly.

Now that it's looking like we're going in bowling in Texas, think we could make some kind of contact with Devine? And if he attends the game that should be another big indication that he's interested in Cuse.

Last edited:
now that Syracuse will be in texas for about a week it's about time to accidently bump into him in the school parking lot.

daylight saben does this all the time.

time to comp his high school team some bowl tickets.