Class of 2015 - RB Devine Ozigbo (TX) Flipped to Nebraska from ISU | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2015 RB Devine Ozigbo (TX) Flipped to Nebraska from ISU

I really hope theyre able to get a little recruiting time in. want them focused on the game, but if kids are interested anyhow

Hypothesis only. I think the silence, or reported silence, here is to keep from spooking our 2014 RB commit who was already asking Nas How which position he was recruited at. Losing out on two RBs last year hurts. Regardless of how many we have playing next year we need an rb in this class for the future (and a backup plan, NH) or it could get to be tough sledding in a few years. This problem could happen as soon as 2015 if GMII continues to improve into what he has shown a peek of his potential we could lose 3rbs at the end of next season. Its great to bring in great talent in 2015 and 2016 and I hope Ogizbo is in the cards but regardless you don't want to be Forced to start him right off the bat for his good and the teams. My guess is contact has been made with a request for discretion. Recruiting another for 2014 is fine right now because if he spooks you have a other commit in this class but there is some treading lightly with the future. Funny part is based on his numbers in hs this year I don't think our current commit has much to worry about when it comes to attention from the staff in the future.

Hypothesis only. I think the silence, or reported silence, here is to keep from spooking our 2014 RB commit who was already asking Nas How which position he was recruited at. Losing out on two RBs last year hurts. Regardless of how many we have playing next year we need an rb in this class for the future (and a backup plan, NH) or it could get to be tough sledding in a few years. This problem could happen as soon as 2015 if GMII continues to improve into what he has shown a peek of his potential we could lose 3rbs at the end of next season. Its great to bring in great talent in 2015 and 2016 and I hope Ogizbo is in the cards but regardless you don't want to be Forced to start him right off the bat for his good and the teams. My guess is contact has been made with a request for discretion. Recruiting another for 2014 is fine right now because if he spooks you have a other commit in this class but there is some treading lightly with the future. Funny part is based on his numbers in hs this year I don't think our current commit has much to worry about when it comes to attention from the staff in the future.
Who is our 2014 RB commit? Also, GMIII isn't leaving next year. Jerome Smith is coming back so he is going to get majority of the carries. Then with the split with Devante, GMIII will be lucky to get 7-10 carries a game. Even if he averages 10 yards a carry on that (Which isn't happening), he wouldnt even leave.

spo023 said:
Who is our 2014 RB commit? Also, GMIII isn't leaving next year. Jerome Smith is coming back so he is going to get majority of the carries. Then with the split with Devante, GMIII will be lucky to get 7-10 carries a game. Even if he averages 10 yards a carry on that (Which isn't happening), he wouldnt even leave.

Erv Phillips

We don’t need a 2014 RB commit. We have plenty right now. 2015 is the year where I’d expect 2 and both will be high major.

I wouldn’t resign myself to thinking GM will only get a few carries behind Jerome and PTG. I think Shafer made it perfectly clear in his last taped show that competition will be wide open at positions where backups got a lot of PT.

New offensive staff went with the 2 vets as they should have. This spring it’s wide open. Competition will be fierce and I fully believe the kid with the best performance will be the starter. The two vets are not going to get all the carries by default and if they do they’ll have earned them.

We don’t need a 2014 RB commit. We have plenty right now. 2015 is the year where I’d expect 2 and both will be high major.

I wouldn’t resign myself to thinking GM will only get a few carries behind Jerome and PTG. I think Shafer made it perfectly clear in his last taped show that competition will be wide open at positions where backups got a lot of PT.

New offensive staff went with the 2 vets as they should have. This spring it’s wide open. Competition will be fierce and I fully believe the kid with the best performance will be the starter. The two vets are not going to get all the carries by default and if they do they’ll have earned them.
Don't watch his show. Is it worthwhile? If so, where do I find it? Thanks in advance

We need at least 1 RB this class. We can't only 4 backs, the position gets too banged up. I assume they plan to RS Erv but I guess he could play their in a pinch

Would the coaches be allowed to talk with Devine in Houston, even if they wanted to, since the dead period starts next week?

Would the coaches be allowed to talk with Devine in Houston, even if they wanted to, since the dead period starts next week?
Not face to face. But they could write or talk on the phone, as they could from anywhere.

Not face to face. But they could write or talk on the phone, as they could from anywhere.
HAVE the kid go into his coaches office and call SU FB office and talk to someone.

It's absolutely absurd that we aren't on this kid. Big time talent from a massive talent pool in arguably the most talent rich state in the country.

Please do not drop the ball on this one, coaches.

Unfortunately, Devine won't be going to the game in Houston...

We need at least 1 RB this class. We can't only 4 backs, the position gets too banged up. I assume they plan to RS Erv but I guess he could play their in a pinch

4 running backs is just fine. Syracuse has never really gone with more than 4 on a roster at one time. Legit backs that is. The most stacked I ever remember it was Dee Brown, Kyle McIntosh, Ali Culpper and James Mungro redshirting.

Someone tell the staff that a productive Texas RB was wearing Syracuse socks on the cover of the Dallas Morning News. Jeez
He could just have been cold and blindly reached into his sock drawer. It might be worth a follow up by a media type but we all know thats not going to happen.

has an offer from iowa and utah. interest from oregon according to his twitter. why aren't we on this kid. we just had an article talking about recruiting texas. What

it's amazing we have a 20k view thread on a kid the staff hasn't even considered.

it's amazing we have a 20k view thread on a kid the staff hasn't even considered.
Storange calls it "The Ozigbo Enigma". The staff knows, they've been contacted via multiple sources. I just have to wonder, maybe they are very confident with some very talented running backs for 2015. As much as I'd love to see Devine in Orange (or blue), I wouldn't be surprised if the staff has established some solid relationships with other players and coaches and that's their focus. I have absolutely no idea what I'm talking about, just trying to rationalize.

Storange calls it "The Ozigbo Enigma". The staff knows, they've been contacted via multiple sources. I just have to wonder, maybe they are very confident with some very talented running backs for 2015. As much as I'd love to see Devine in Orange (or blue), I wouldn't be surprised if the staff has established some solid relationships with other players and coaches and that's their focus. I have absolutely no idea what I'm talking about, just trying to rationalize.
It's an effin head scratcher.

i really hope so. one of the kids they were working on is committed to Rutgers, so not sure how confident we can feel?

i guess we can add Ozigbo to the SyracuseFan recruiting class, which is shaping up nicely.

The 2 Texas kids Ozigo, and Kolin Hill headline the class.
Travis Lock joins Ozigbo in the backfield
We have Tim Gardner, and Chasz Wright blocking for them, with Jordan Fuchs catching the occasional pass
In the defensive backfield Justin Noye, and Deion Hallmon have created a no fly zone.
and just for CL we will add Daniel Crotchet to our class as a late addition

the kid looks like he is built for power, something we will definitely need in the future.

Syracuse may very well be in the picture, but kept on the down low by the family.

He originally is from New England right? If so he still might have lot's of family up here within easy driving distance