Class of 2014 - Dewayne Hendrix - Transfer from Tenn. to Pitt | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2014 Dewayne Hendrix - Transfer from Tenn. to Pitt

I don't recall his name, but Sykes I definitely remember.

I remember this kid and heard about the transfer. Huge prospect out of HS. Barely played this year, I bet he would play for us.

I remember this kid and heard about the transfer. Huge prospect out of HS. Barely played this year, I bet he would play for us.
Ya he must be a great player becuse Tennessee is such a great team.

Malik Brown? Isn't he the DE who committed to SU but flipped to Tennessee after Marrone left? Then bolted Tennessee after last season?

Malik Brown? Isn't he the DE who committed to SU but flipped to Tennessee after Marrone left? Then bolted Tennessee after last season?
Yes. He of the checklist. He was also arrested while at good ole Rocky Top.

Ya he must be a great player becuse Tennessee is such a great team.
Tenn is loaded with 3, 4 and 5 star players...they have had as much bad luck as Cuse. They are a Top 10 sleeper pick for next year.

I know we offered him, but don't think he really ever considered us or we really tried that hard.

We need kids who say Yes to the Cuse first…..Tennessee?…Really, What have they done lately? A lot of kids making bad choices!

Someone said it on another thread, but you really need to be realistic.
I am realistic. The question that we should be asking is why can all these other schools who's recent football fortunes are no better than Syracuse's, yet, they still retain the perception of "Big Time" football, while we have lost ours. They say perception is reality. Well we need to work on changing the perception of Syracuse football…even before the reality part occurs. That is what Sciano did at Rutgers, he sold Jersey kids on hype, and recruits bought it in droves. Rutgers went from the worse program in the country to a program that locked us out of Jersey and we still can't get back in. Is Rutgers "Big Time football"? Jersey kids think it is!

Even when Tennessee isn't that good, they still get 90- 95,000 for their games. That has to be attractive to recruits.

I am realistic. The question that we should be asking is why can all these other schools who's recent football fortunes are no better than Syracuse's, yet, they still retain the perception of "Big Time" football, while we have lost ours. They say perception is reality. Well we need to work on changing the perception of Syracuse football…even before the reality part occurs. That is what Sciano did at Rutgers, he sold Jersey kids on hype, and recruits bought it in droves. Rutgers went from the worse program in the country to a program that locked us out of Jersey and we still can't get back in. Is Rutgers "Big Time football"? Jersey kids think it is!
See bnoro's post above.

Dr. Bill said:

I like your positivity and agree that perception is huge. But it's not just hype - we need some easy wins and a few signature wins to match the new IPF.

We are doing very well in Jersey right now. Acosta is tearing it up.

We need to schedule 4 wins before the conference starts, like other ACC teams then win 4 or 5 in conference, you have 8 or 9, before going to a bowl. That gives you a shot at 9 or 10 wins every year, and you appear to be a big boy, the recruits don't care you beat the sisters of the poor out of conference.

There's a lot more that goes into it then recent success. They play in front of 100k rabin fans every single game. When recruits go on visits to their campus they are treated like rock stars. Football is life for programs like Tennessee and Texas. Not to mention Tennessee has some of the best facilities in the country. Think about it.

anomander said:
There's a lot more that goes into it then recent success. They play in front of 100k rabin fans every single game. When recruits go on visits to their campus they are treated like rock stars. Football is life for programs like Tennessee and Texas. Not to mention Tennessee has some of the best facilities in the country. Think about it.

They have a huge rock for god's sake.

They have a huge rock for god's sake.

Hey it's actually something people relate them with. Every Syracuse fans knows about their big rock. It's part of their tradition.

anomander said:

Not directed at you - but it's funny to me how many people cite attendance figures but then think what a player wears in front of that 100k is irrelevant to their decision.

Hey it's actually something people relate them with. Every Syracuse fans knows about their big rock. It's part of their tradition.

I don't know, when I think of a big rock I think of Clemson. When I think of TN I think of The Body Farm. ;)

I don't know, when I think of a big rock I think of Clemson. When I think of TN I think of The Body Farm. ;)

And Syracuse has the Dome, and 44...oh wait that's right we got rid of that tradition :bang:

And Syracuse has the Dome, and 44...oh wait that's right we got rid of that tradition :bang:

OK so besides the Clemson rock and FSU and the spear flinging Indian on horseback what are the memorable traditions of all the other schools in the ACC? And please TPing the Grove at Wake after a win is a dumb.

Mandel Robinson and Rob Konrad, among others, say what tradition?
Syracuse Football #44s
Player
Position

Year Wore #44

Gifford Zimmerman
HB

Charles Roberts
HB

Clarence Taylor
QB

Don Baldwin
WR

Richard Fishel
HB

Henry Merz
QB

Hamilton Watt
WR

Francis Mullins
HB

1935-36

Stanley Stanislay
WR

Benjamin DeYoung
WR

Francis Mazejko
G

Richard Ransom
T

J.O'Brien
T

Robert Eberling
RB

Jim Brown
RB

1954-56

Thomas Stephens
HB

1957-58

Ernie Davis
RB

1959-61

William Schoonover
HB

1962-63

Floyd Little
RB

1964-66

Richard Panczyszyn
QB

1967-69

Mandel Robinson
RB

Glenn Moore
RB

1981-82

Michael Owens
RB

1987-89

Terry Richardson
RB

1990-93

Rob Konrad
FB

1995-98

Last edited:

Dude, we are back in Jersey now and pulling high level kids like Strickland and Ellison.