Class of 2015 - Diagne v Bryant... | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2015 Diagne v Bryant...

newmexicuse

All Conference
Lots of rumblings in other threads that we are going to get a commit very soon from one of them with the greater likelihood sounding like it will be Diagne. Hope the rumblings are true.

I would be thrilled to get either player, but the question now is if you had your druthers, which one would you prefer ?

If it were up to me, I would take Diagne. I actually think Bryant will end up being the better player, but the reasons I would prefer Moose are twofold:

1. I think he is more of a true C, where as I think Bryant's best position will be at the four, where we do not need as much help.

2. I think Bryant is much more likely to be a one & done. I would see Moose as a two, maybe even a three year player, particularly if DC2 can come back strong and emerge as a legit starting C after Rak leaves.

I think I would prefer Diagne. Saw him in person last season. He happened to have a bad game, marred by foul trouble. That being said, the impression I got is that he is a true 5 (as you said) and that's a greater need. I also love that he has a go-to hook shot and can use both hands effectively. I don't expect him to be a great defensive presence, however.

The couple of full games I saw of Diange he surprised me with his very developed post game as well as flashing some ball handling skills ever once in a while. I like that both of these guys seem to play a bit angry which our team could use. I vote for whichever one commits first but if pressed I guess I'd flip a coin.

Lots of rumblings in other threads that we are going to get a commit very soon from one of them with the greater likelihood sounding like it will be Diagne. Hope the rumblings are true.

I would be thrilled to get either player, but the question now is if you had your druthers, which one would you prefer ?

If it were up to me, I would take Diagne. I actually think Bryant will end up being the better player, but the reasons I would prefer Moose are twofold:

1. I think he is more of a true C, where as I think Bryant's best position will be at the four, where we do not need as much help.

2. I think Bryant is much more likely to be a one & done. I would see Moose as a two, maybe even a three year player, particularly if DC2 can come back strong and emerge as a legit starting C after Rak leaves.
I will just say that it is my understanding we are taking two bigs in the 2015 class (not counting Lydon as a big). There is nothing that says Syracuse can't take both these guys. Or one of them and someone else...

I will just say that it is my understanding we are taking two bigs in the 2015 class (not counting Lydon as a big). There is nothing that says Syracuse can't take both these guys. Or one of them and someone else...

That would be great the way our luck has run with bigs lately. I would kind of be surprised to get Diange and Bryant however. Perhaps we nab one give the other some time and then scoop up Silva as the second big.

wheres the scholarship coming from? I thought room only for four.

wheres the scholarship coming from? I thought room only for four.
maybe McCulloug(nba), maybe Coleman (injury), maybe ...(nba,injury, transfer). Coaches usually have a feel for what will unfold.

Yeah, let's build some depth.

i just saw the video of diagne on syracuse.com. story was about him committing by end of may. his video is VERY impressive to me. id take him over bryant.

I think I would prefer Diagne. Saw him in person last season. He happened to have a bad game, marred by foul trouble. That being said, the impression I got is that he is a true 5 (as you said) and that's a greater need. I also love that he has a go-to hook shot and can use both hands effectively. I don't expect him to be a great defensive presence, however.

i see diagne as more of a 4 based on his height and skill set. not saying he couldn't play the 5 in the zone, but in general, i think he is a power forward.

Wow, I just watched that highlight video of Diagne on syracuse.com. Very impressive. I'm not all that familiar with this guy, but even for a highlight vid, it looked like he really has a very developed offensive game for a big. There weren't just the expected dunks; there were a bunch of nice spin moves and short jumpers. I love the fire he showed after that one dunk too, and he seemed very mobile for a big man. Seems like Diagne could work well at the 4 for us, allowing Bryant to man the 5 if we somehow land both of them. Other than that, I love that he's #44. Gotta go Orange, Diagne!

i see diagne as more of a 4 based on his height and skill set. not saying he couldn't play the 5 in the zone, but in general, i think he is a power forward.

I disagree. He is huge and does not have the foot speed to play the slides in the zone.

Yeah, the numbers say one more scholie to give. Wonder how the coaches figure we have two to give??

Can't assume injuries or someone going pro.

I don't care which one of them we land--so long as he provides some much-needed low post scoring capabilities.

When was the last time we had a player who excelled at posting up--either at C or PF? Arinze? Been a long time...

And we need a low post scorer to change the offensive limitations. Otherwise, we're just a jump shooting team every year.

When I watch Diagne highlights he looks smooth and keeps the ball up high, when I watch Bryant I see a lot of Coleman's weakness not real agile and does not keep the ball high.

He looks a bit more polished and versatile than Bryant. Both seem to have that motor and energy which is a big priority in my book. I like his game. Piggybacking on others' posts...this guy can help with the offensive funk, ineptitude, and bad luck we have had with big guys as of late.

Last edited:
When I say that though I think Coleman if he can come back is going to be a monster, having lost he wieght and he will figure out to stop bringing the ball down and just explode to the basket

Who is it that said that we "got the one we wanted" ? That person certainly didn't have any indication we would get 2 bigs.

But sweet to hear.

Libero2 said:
Who is it that said that we "got the one we wanted" ? That person certainly didn't have any indication we would get 2 bigs. But sweet to hear.

We got our number one.

Saying we got the one we wanted doesn't mean we won't take more.

Hopefully this doesn't come off snarky, but it appears several posters know who is about to commit. I ask why you can't share the name, its not like were asking you to reveal your sources, just the player that may or may not commit. Is it just to give the kid his day in the bright lights? If it is I understand the logic, but I still don't like how ESPN and the such parade high school players around on selection shows like its The Decision.

Diagne or Jones

I'm still not really all that impressed with Bryant, I love his passion but I just don't see why he's so highly rated.

Hope they get both of them, or, "any of the two quality big men they are pursuing", be it Diagne, Bryant, Silva, previously Diallo, etc.

By the 2015 season, they only two true big guys they'll have are Coleman and Obokoh. Like the guards they're getting, like the perimeter
size, but they need some bangers down low, and McCulloch (if still around) and Lydon are not that type of player.

Kev

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom