Diagne | Page 28 | Syracusefan.com

Diagne

Briancuse said:
I think people are just confused as to why a kid coming from a good academic school didn't pass the basic requirements.

Maybe the school in Senegal wasn't good? Maybe he didn't even take some courses there? Maybe it has nothing to do with a specific course or the core?

Maybe the school in Senegal wasn't good? Maybe he didn't even take some courses there? Maybe it has nothing to do with a specific course or the core?

But wouldn't Pope John be able to straighten that all out and get him on track.

One. Single. Course.

Okay, NOW I'm furious with the NCAA for taking so long. This article has revealed that the only reason Diagne had to enroll in a JUCO is that he couldn't get a visa to return to the US unless he was enrolled somewhere by August 20, meaning he was out of options.

Apparently they haven't officially ruled on his eligibility yet...meaning he could have potentially still had that one single course cleared and still wound up at SU. But because the NCAA took so damn long determining something about ONE. SINGLE. COURSE. he was SOL and had to make a move or else find himself stuck in Senegal with no options.

"Best interest of the student." Hahahahahahahahaha.

jekelish said:
635429146559148032 One. Single. Course. Okay, NOW I'm furious with the NCAA for taking so long. This article has revealed that the only reason Diagne had to enroll in a JUCO is that he couldn't get a visa to return to the US unless he was enrolled somewhere by August 20, meaning he was out of options. Apparently they haven't officially ruled on his eligibility yet...meaning he could have potentially still had that one single course cleared and still wound up at SU. But because the NCAA took so damn long determining something about ONE. SINGLE. COURSE. he was SOL and had to make a move or else find himself stuck in Senegal with no options. "Best interest of the student." Hahahahahahahahaha.

If he hasn't been officially ruled ineligible, then maybe he can still be ruled eligible. Don't know how that plays with having gotten the visa via a JUCO. If it's one course, could he have gotten a visa via a prep school? As to timing, it's never one sided. I'm sure there has been a lot of back and forth trying to get the course accepted.

jekelish said:

One. Single. Course.

Okay, NOW I'm furious with the NCAA for taking so long. This article has revealed that the only reason Diagne had to enroll in a JUCO is that he couldn't get a visa to return to the US unless he was enrolled somewhere by August 20, meaning he was out of options.

Apparently they haven't officially ruled on his eligibility yet...meaning he could have potentially still had that one single course cleared and still wound up at SU. But because the NCAA took so damn long determining something about ONE. SINGLE. COURSE. he was SOL and had to make a move or else find himself stuck in Senegal with no options.

Not sure I have words for this but I my have to rethink my position that there is no vendetta at play.

One. Single. Course.

Unfreaking believable...

One. Single. Course.

Uh if he does in the end get the course cleared. All he has to do is just come to Syracuse.

He has the visa. Instead of going to the JUCO just go to SU instead.

Not that hard. If he does get the course cleared.

Uh if he does in the end get the course cleared. All he has to do is just come to Syracuse.

He has the visa. Instead of going to the JUCO just go to SU instead.

Not that hard. If he does get the course cleared.
Uh no. He's already enrolled at the JUCO. He's not enrolled at SU and classes are about to start. You don't seem to get how things work.

Uh no. He's already enrolled at the JUCO. He's not enrolled at SU and classes are about to start. You don't seem to get how things work.

Things can be worked around and out.

Or hell. He goes to the JUCO for a semester and enrolls at SU the following semester.

Maybe those of you taking the side of the NCAA in this matter before. Now after this new information might wanna own up and say u were wrong. This wasn't on Syracuse or Diagne, or his High School.

Things can be worked around and out.

Or hell. He goes to the JUCO for a semester and enrolls at SU the following semester.
That's not how it works. If you're a non-qualifier, you can't just decide to transfer. You have to complete at least 3 semesters of JUCO before you're eligible to transfer to a 4 year school.

That's not how it works. If you're a non-qualifier, you can't just decide to transfer. You have to complete at least 3 semesters of JUCO before you're eligible to transfer to a 4 year school.

Okay pal. Let me drop some knowledge. I went to a JUCO and got a 2 year degree, before going and transfer to a 4 year school to get my degree there.

He takes fall, winter/or summer, and spring semester classes. There you go 3 semesters of classes. He can be at Syracuse next season.

So don't tell me that's not how it works.

Okay pal. Let me drop some knowledge. I went to a JUCO and got a 2 year degree, before going and transfer to a 4 year school to get my degree there.

He takes fall, winter/or summer, and spring semester classes. There you go 3 semesters of classes. He can be at Syracuse next season.

So don't tell me that's not how it works.
There is no fall/winter/spring/summer. Those would be quarters pal. A semester is September-December, and then January-May. There are two semesters in a year.

I'm going to go talk to a brick wall. It offers better insight than you.

jekelish said:

But is he technically a non qualifier yet? Will the NCAA continue to a decision even if he enrolled at a JUCO?
If eventually cleared can he withdraw from the JUCO and enroll at SU if prior to the late entry date? Once again shouldn't "spirit of the law" have some role here?

But is he technically a non qualifier yet? Will the NCAA continue to a decision even if he enrolled at a JUCO?
If eventually cleared can he withdraw from the JUCO and enroll at SU if prior to the late entry date? Once again shouldn't "spirit of the law" have some role here?
You'd think it'd be "innocent until proven guilty" but who knows. And that's the catch - and the only way he could conceivably get to SU quicker - is if the NCAA ultimately decides the course should count, if it turns out it was in fact just a single course. An academic qualifier can transfer from JUCO to a four year school after one semester. But it's all about whether the NCAA deems him eligible or not.

I speak for myself here, but I'll take him in January.

Suppose the NCAA gets their fingers out in the next few weeks and decides to fully clear Diagne.

Late registration ends Sept 8.

Even if the NCAA clears him after September, I believe that he could still transfer to SU in January, since he was a full qualifier all along.

Suppose the NCAA gets their fingers out in the next few weeks and decides to fully clear Diagne.

Late registration ends Sept 8.

Even if the NCAA clears him after September, I believe that he could still transfer to SU in January, since he was a full qualifier all along.
Yep. If they DO decide that his course should count, then he should be a full qualifier and be able to transfer in January. But I'm not crossing my fingers based on recent history with the NCAA and Syracuse.

Yep. If they DO decide that his course should count, then he should be a full qualifier and be able to transfer in January. But I'm not crossing my fingers based on recent history with the NCAA and Syracuse.

We're due to break out of our NCAA slump.

jekelish said:
You'd think it'd be "innocent until proven guilty" but who knows. And that's the catch - and the only way he could conceivably get to SU quicker - is if the NCAA ultimately decides the course should count, if it turns out it was in fact just a single course. An academic qualifier can transfer from JUCO to a four year school after one semester. But it's all about whether the NCAA deems him eligible or not.

But will they still reach a decision on the course or decide the matter to be closed without validating? I hope it is the former since there still appears to be a sliver of light at the end of this tunnel and I would hope all involved parties are pressuring them to do so.

Consigliere said:
But is he technically a non qualifier yet? Will the NCAA continue to a decision even if he enrolled at a JUCO? If eventually cleared can he withdraw from the JUCO and enroll at SU if prior to the late entry date? Once again shouldn't "spirit of the law" have some role here?

Thad my thinking too if he is deemed qualified. Best case drop out of JUCO and enroll into SU. Worst case transfer after one semester at JUCO.

CuseHulk said:
Maybe those of you taking the side of the NCAA in this matter before. Now after this new information might wanna own up and say u were wrong. This wasn't on Syracuse or Diagne, or his High School.

Why is there "fault"? And how do you know the delay has been the "fault" of the NCAA? If you want to take a stance that the NCAA conspired against SU, then just say it.

Why is there "fault"? And how do you know the delay has been the "fault" of the NCAA? If you want to take a stance that the NCAA conspired against SU, then just say it.

U were one of those people taking the NCAA side.

Read the article again. Them delaying on making a decision forced Diagne hand.

They don't get it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom