Did anyone get a count of how many layups/Dunks we gave up? | Syracusefan.com

Did anyone get a count of how many layups/Dunks we gave up?

It was rough. Blossomgame and the Cameroonian had 20 each I think. There were dunks/layups by others too.

#sieve
If I had a dollar for every time I've said "too easy" after an opponent's basket this season, I'd be very rich.

Unreal how Nnoko, a statistical 55% FT shooter, buried all 5 of his attempts, not to mention all 5 were nothing but nylon. Those were huge! Say all you want about us not fouling at end of regulation, but our putrid FT continues to haunt us. They were 10-11 (91%) to our 12-19 or 63%. :(:bang:

We turn average players into stars.

In his defense, Lydon is being forced to play out of position. A set of team-wide defensive deficiencies exposes his lack of physical strength and tactical expertise. When defenders don't pressure the ball, the opposition can deliver easy passes to post players or to open shooters. If perimeter players can't keep the ball in front of them, dribble penetration breaks a defense down. Issues like these exacerbate the post-defense struggles of both Lydon and Coleman.

Lydon is a 3/4 playing the middle of the zone. It's bound to fail and it's not fair to him to receive much blame. The wings are doing nothing to help him and DC in the middle, at all. I watch TR just kind of wander around aimlessly in the corner, or lazily react to a shooter at the extended elbow and then just sink back down to the corner, while guys are sliding to the rim or semi-circle area for easy layups or perfect rebounding position. And it's not just him. This zone is a joke and I wouldn't consider a single player a great fit for it (outside of Mal up top and Lydon on a wing, which isn't happening much if at all), which is absurd considering that's what the recruiting philosophy has become. At least we are limiting guard penetration a little bit.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoachDiddi

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom