Did I miss the outrage? | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Did I miss the outrage?

Well if the refs caused a 6 goal change in a one goal game - yeah I'd say we were.

Then they didn't. SU was sloppy, out-hustled and showed a lack of patience when they had the ball. That's what decided the game. If the officating was "fixed" to produce an SU win, it would have caused the the team that played the best, (Johns Hopkins) to lose.

I remember the play clearly. I immediately thought that the Hopkins player had left early. The relay showed it was close, but I still think he launched himself across the line before possession was established..

Thank you. I've only been watching lacrosse for a few years now so I'm still a bit hazy on the rules.

So who will people be pulling for? I'm confused most of the teams make me feel a bit sick! Probs Denver I guess!

The only game I'm interested in is LeMoyne!

Last edited:
So who will people be pulling for? I'm confused most of the teams make me feel a bit sick! Probs Denver I guess!

Hate Bill Tierney so it is hard to cheer for Denver.
ND beating us in OT screwed us out of the number 1 seed (sour grapes i know!) so it is hard to root for ND (really in any sport).
Maryland style is awful and I still am bitter about the game from a few years ago so it is impossible to root for them.
Hopkins is well Hopkins. There is no situation when I will support them. I also hate the band and that stupid song! So I guess I will go for Maryland just so I will not have to hear 1...2...3...4...5...WE WANT MORE!

So I guess I will go for the ND/Denver winner to win the entire thing? Reluctantly. My friend and I have attended every final four since 2000. It is always one of our favorite weekends of the year. It is the one time we are guaranteed to see each other. We have been blessed with so many great Syracuse weekends. It has been rough the past couple of years. That said it is hard to break tradition.

I just looked at the D2 bracket so I will pull for LeMoyne. RIT did not make it so will go with Tufts?

I hate Tierney as well. His whole persona screams "get the hell off of my lawn". A real jerk.

Can't root for Hop and hate MD and their slow down game so that leaves ND. No good choices here.

Really disappointed in SU. I thought they had a shot this year and are losing a ton. My gut tells me me the wait to get back to Memorial Day weekend is going to continue for a while and that makes me sad.

I coached with Tierney once when he was at Princeton he's actually a really nice guy I learned a lot from him, however I know what you mean!

A good friend of mine used to take a huge pacifier to the Dome and sit behind Tierney! I think it was one of the reasons Tierney moved to Denver!

I coached with Tierney once when he was at Princeton he's actually a really nice guy I learned a lot from him, however I know what you mean!

A good friend of mine used to take a huge pacifier to the Dome and sit behind Tierney! I think it was one of the reasons Tierney moved to Denver!

Tierney, Corrigan, and Petro are those intense yelling mad men that are the reason for delays on the broadcasts! They might be decent guys but they come off as hot heads

I can't root for anyone this weekend except for LeMoyne. The D1 F4 for me is a snoozefest. I would normally go Duke because I love Danowski.

A title going out west to Denver would goes against my 'traditionalist' blueblood lax snobbyness - lol. So throw ND in their as well. I hate Maryland and Hopkins but gun to my head I'd pull for Hopkins before Maryland.

I hate the band and the song, but out of the four I wouldn't mind seeing Hopkins win.

GoSU96 said:
I hate the band and the song, but out of the four I wouldn't mind seeing Hopkins win.

Kinda agree. Lesser of four evils.

But I've gone from going to Philly to probably not watching at all.

Maybe I'll turn it on Monday.

Time to turn the clock to next year.

This loss was devastating. If there was ever a season to re-establish ourselves, as a multi-championship threat, this was it. Duke won 2 in a row and was knocked out early. This year was perfect.

You can only live in '88-90' and 08-09 for so long. Real shame we didn't 3-peat in '10. or, hell, 4-peat with Galloway and White. We haven't won since the lacrosse went big time on ESPN. Such a shame.

Blaming the referees was about the last thing on my mind. I guess if I want back and micro-analyzed the game, I might noticed a referee mistake or two. I'm not saying these are invalid concerns. Some smart people are pointing out valid issues with the refs. But, you cannot let refs determine the outcome.

In my mind, we were thoroughly out-played. The end game swing basically told me that if we played with that vigor all game long we wouldn't have needed to worry about a close game.

Kevin Rice deferred to Dylan Donohue too much. He needed to get his, often, and early. He didn't.

Defensive sliding was our achilles all season. JHU blew it up. I'm not a huge fan of JHU, and Petro has had his down years, but he really brought it.

Wardwell needed to be stellar. He wasn't seeing the ball well.

JHU has a chance to win their what? 9th? And we officially have 10? I'm no math genious, but 9 is not far from 10. And once they get 10, our claim to a Ric Flair 'best there ever was' status becomes tenuous. Would be nice to stay ahead by 4-5 NCs.

In '09', it seemed we were on track for, by this time, to be looking at an unofficial 14 NCs or so. But we're still stuck at an unofficial 11. '08 and '09 was all about jr and sr laden teams, and local products, with a burning desire to put SU back on the map. As was, '15. Shame they couldn't get it done.

In the ESPN segment on the lost trophy, Quint said ESPN never used anything but '11 NCs' in their broadcasts and graphics. I saw '10 NCs' multiple times during the JHU game.

22 straight F4s to 1 F4 in 6 years? Or, whatever it is. My how times have changed.

If I'm a spoiled fan, then you are complacent.

Aside: Interesting cap to the it doesn't matter that the Thompsons didn't come to SU argument; neither could really get past the quarters. We did once. W/ Thompson not demonstrating his usual heroics, Marr looked absolutely helpless out there. Be interesting to see if they ever even make it to the quarters in the future.

ND is so well coached and prepared. Hard to imagine a scenario where they don't coast to an NC. They'll win it all by 3 goals or so.

You're welcome.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom