Dino Babers and Zaire Franklin interviews from Clemson Radio Station at ACC Football Kickoff | Syracusefan.com

Dino Babers and Zaire Franklin interviews from Clemson Radio Station at ACC Football Kickoff

Here are a couple of interviews you guys might be interested in. The coaches and players randomly rotate through radio row in Charlotte and our local station archived the interviews with one of the station hosts.

ACC KICKOFF | Syracuse Head Coach Dino Dabers

sound quality is not great on the second link for some reason.
Thanks Tiger. Appreciate these. What do you think of Coach Babers? Might be some competition for Clemson for who runs the fastest offense in the ACC now.

Someday down the road I could see these two teams playing a game with a ton of plays. Should be a lot more entertaining that say the last time Syracuse went to Death Valley. That game was just awful to watch.

Thanks Tiger. Appreciate these. What do you think of Coach Babers? Might be some competition for Clemson for who runs the fastest offense in the ACC now.

Someday down the road I could see these twoB teams playing a game with a ton of plays. Should be a lot more entertaining that say the last time Syracuse went to Death Valley. That game was just awful to watch.

Yeah that last game was just plain ugly. I think Dino is the guy to get it turned around. He's similar to Dabo when he first started. He doesn't have recent history to work with so he has to recruit by the force of his personality. Looking at your recruiting thus far it seems like he has gotten off to a great start. Dino made comments on not being full tilt until mid second year and I think that's smart to get that out there and public from a recruiting perspective. It gives him 2 years to recruit off his reputation regardless of the results and also the ability to sell early playing time for multiple seasons. Then early results can only help and not hurt. I think he's a good long term fit and can get you to 6 wins in the first year. A Bowl game in year one will do wonders for recruiting. You might hang out in the 7 to 9 win range for few years before getting over that 10 win hump though. Recruiting, Recruiting, Recruiting. Looks like he knows where the bread is buttered judging by the home states for the current class.

Wins - Colgate, USF, UConn, Wake

Toss up- NC State, BC, VT,

Not likely - UofL, Pitt

Losses - FSU, ND, CU

The mark of Good coach is winning the games you are supposed to win. I see 4 sure fire wins on the schedule, Take 2 of the 3 toss ups and you're in a bowl, Take 1 unlikely win and pull an upset of historic proportions against a team no national head will give you a chance in and y'all better be ready to pony up some cash because he's going to be an even hotter commodity than before. The danger I see is the way your schedule sets up. You could be 5 and 1 after ND if you knock off UofL and start a losing streak that is more about the schedule than a coach. Fast up and fast down in year one might cause the shine to wear off and I think that would be a mistake. Then again if you beat UofL and win all your toss up games then you are sitting at 7-1 going into Death Valley. I'd like my chances in November with that team especially if you perform well against ND. Should be a fun season! Nothing better than college football!