Dino Babers compares Syracuse football to Jon Snow | Syracusefan.com

Dino Babers compares Syracuse football to Jon Snow

Winter is coming...our defensive line is the wall! Dino has the magic to bring SU back to life. The ACC Lannisters of the south better watch out.

Last edited:
This is my favorite:

Dino on getting rid of skim milk at Cuse: "They're big boys. They can have 2 percent and eat their cereal right."

We may need a stickied thread with nothing but Babers quotes this year. I have a feeling we are in for some doozies.

I dont watch the game of thrones. I plan to catch up on it soon, but can someone explain that quote to me? and how it expresses his message?

I dont watch the game of thrones. I plan to catch up on it soon, but can someone explain that quote to me? and how it expresses his message?

Can't really without spoiling. He's just saying we're tougher than the other ACC schools and being in the Northeast will be a strength rather than a weakness. While they're chilling and drinking iced tea down south, we're beefing up, conditioning and being molded into beasts in the Northeast.

It's quite involved.

In a nutshell:

In the civilized part of the realm, Westeros, the North is made up of industrious and pragmatic people whose existence is dominated by the dangers of their proximity to 'the free peoples', esentially savage tribal people who live north of 'the wall', an artificial wall made of ice. To the South lie the other six kingdoms of Westeros, which all answer to a king centered in a large city known as Kings Landing. To varying degrees, the other kingdoms are characterized by lavish lifestyles filled with decadence and debauchery.

I like it. Embrace the cold! Should be a marketing tool. Welcome to the Ice Dome (course it's usually sweltering in there)

DomeStranger said:
Dino Babers: King Of The North!

King IN the North. (I'm a GoT nerd and I can't help myself.)

images

There's only one team in the North.

And it's name is SYRACUSE!

babers comments on XM today might temper some of the enthusiasm for the new season. he clearly is change some of his coaching ideas due to the talent on this team.

upperdeck said:
babers comments on XM today might temper some of the enthusiasm for the new season. he clearly is change some of his coaching ideas due to the talent on this team.

I've listened to all but that interview - I think it's 50% getting the players he needs and 50% tempering expectations. Which is smart.

He has been saying for quite some time that it will take time, and not to build expectations too high. Whether or not this is coach-speak, at least he is consistent.