Dino Babers thread... | Syracusefan.com

Dino Babers thread...

Cusester

Starter
http://www.bgsufalcons.com/index.aspx?path=football Let me start out by saying that I love HCSS and believe he will succeed here the right way, but any good Athletic Director should have a short list of good candidates in his back pocket. Anything can happen over the course of a year and you have to be prepared. Bowling Green's defeat of Maryland got me interested in their program. Dino Babers would be on my short list. They finished 8-6 last year even though they lost their starting quarterback and MAC preseason player of the year in the first game of the season. They still finished with 6 receivers who had 20 or more receptions. He will more than likely have the opportunity to move up after this year. He is very impressive in this press conference.

Cusester said:
http://www.bgsufalcons.com/index.aspx?path=football Let me start out by saying that I love HCSS and believe he will succeed here the right way, but any good Athletic Director should have a short list of good candidates in his back pocket. Anything can happen over the course of a year and you have to be prepared. Bowling Green's defeat of Maryland got me interested in their program. Dino Babers would be on my short list. They finished 8-6 last year even though they lost their starting quarterback and MAC preseason player of the year in the first game of the season. They still finished with 6 receivers who had 20 or more receptions. He will more than likely have the opportunity to move up after this year. He is very impressive in this press conference.
I agree. He's an Art Briles protege. I would also look at the new coach at Tulsa who is 2-0 and is also an Art Briles ex coach. I think they also have top 25 offensive teams. Incredible!

This is the press conference after Bowling Greens loss to Memphis. I love his quiet confidence with the media.

Matt Freaking Ruhle folks. Back pocket as I too love HCSS and hope he stays

If we hire him could we get the Dome renamed with a Dinosaur BBQ sponsorship?

"This is Kirk Herbstreit reporting from Syracuse, New York for tonight's big game between the undefeated Syracuse Orange and Clemson Tigers. The Dino-Dome is electric and dripping with energy!"

I mean come on...Dino Dome has a nice ring to it.

If we hire him could we get the Dome renamed with a Dinosaur BBQ sponsorship?

"This is Kirk Herbstreit reporting from Syracuse, New York for tonight's big game between the undefeated Syracuse Orange and Clemson Tigers. The Dino-Dome is electric and dripping with energy!"

I mean come on...Dino Dome has a nice ring to it.
Sure beats Carrier. +1

He has done well at Bowling Green and did well prior to that in FCS. He has been around for awhile at various programs, which might make him a better candidate than Campbell.

People think he will end up at Maryland or VT but he is supposively interviewing with UCF. Do we really think we cant get him? If he's inteviewing there then we can definitely get one. He is my #1

Last edited:
People think he will end up at Maryland or VT but he is supposively interviewing with UCF. Do we really think we cant get him? If he's inteviewing there then we can definitely can get one. He is my #1

VT is rumored to have hired Fuente already

I agree-He would be a slam dunk. Great HC success at FCS and FBS. Very exciting offense. Great mentor in Art Briles, whose program we should be emulating.

Well, they hired the Buffalo guy at AD. Maybe if we hired him, we'd have gone after Babers
People think he will end up at Maryland or VT but he is supposively interviewing with UCF. Do we really think we cant get him? If he's inteviewing there then we can definitely get one. He is my #1

The drop off on defense and slight uptick on offense when Clawson left and Babers took over was huge. Total Defense #6 & #10 to #118 & #97. Total Offense #93 & #29 to #44 & #5. For some reason I don't get that good of a vibe from Babers. Rather take a shot with Frost.

The drop off on defense and slight uptick on offense when Clawson left and Babers took over was huge. Total Defense #6 & #10 to #118 & #97. Total Offense #93 & #29 to #44 & #5. For some reason I don't get that good of a vibe from Babers. Rather take a shot with Frost.
I give Babers the edge because of his head coaching experience. Thats big for me.

Agreed

UCF: Bowling Green head coach Dino Babers is expected to be named head coach at UCF, according to 247Sports. Babers is 17-9 in two years at Bowling Green, winning two division titles. He went 19-7 in two years at Eastern Illinois, previously. He comes from the Art Briles tree at Baylor, and the Falcons are scoring 44.2 points per game this season.

http://coachingsearch.com/coaching-search-ticker

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom