Dino Babers thread... | Page 20 | Syracusefan.com

Dino Babers thread...

Chris Ash thread...

This is almost as big of a meltdown as the basketball recruiting board is currently in.

(Just kidding, that's genuinely not possible)
Oh I disagree. It can get a lot worse on the basketball board. Football board to.

The drop off on defense and slight uptick on offense when Clawson left and Babers took over was huge. Total Defense #6 & #10 to #118 & #97. Total Offense #93 & #29 to #44 & #5. For some reason I don't get that good of a vibe from Babers. Rather take a shot with Frost.

Overall, I think you folks did well with the Babers hire for several reasons (including recruiting), but the quote above about Bowling Green under Clawson and Babers is quite analytical and appears to have happened at SU too - a big jump on offense with a corresponding drop on defense. In the ACC in 2016, your total offense was 6 (passing offense was 2) but total defense was 14. If you can move the chains, you have ball control and the clock runs but if you go 3 and out with a passing offense, you put your defense on the field too often and they too get winded, not just the other defense. As a side note, it was a 4-8 Duke team that was the 1st to give UL a real challenge, nearly beating them, and it was Cutcliffe's scheme to control the ball and keep Jackson off the field that did it - that too was very analytical on his part. (What he has done there is very impressive IMO.)

Overall, I think you folks did well with the Babers hire for several reasons (including recruiting), but the quote above about Bowling Green under Clawson and Babers is quite analytical and appears to have happened at SU too - a big jump on offense with a corresponding drop on defense. In the ACC in 2016, your total offense was 6 (passing offense was 2) but total defense was 14. If you can move the chains, you have ball control and the clock runs but if you go 3 and out with a passing offense, you put your defense on the field too often and they too get winded, not just the other defense. As a side note, it was a 4-8 Duke team that was the 1st to give UL a real challenge, nearly beating them, and it was Cutcliffe's scheme to control the ball and keep Jackson off the field that did it - that too was very analytical on his part. (What he has done there is very impressive IMO.)

we lost our best db Cordy in game 2 when added to the lack of pass rush made our defense dreadful, though going into the year we all knew the defense would be bad no matter who the coach was

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom