Dino Babers: Year 1 at Syracuse was 'like watching paint dry' (ESPN) | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Dino Babers: Year 1 at Syracuse was 'like watching paint dry' (ESPN)

Oh I know he is going for it, but for the love of god, the paint drying BS isnt needed. We had super tempo this year and no need to keep selling the year 2, game 4-6 thing! Geeez, thats weak. We love the offense and it might click from day 1 on 2017.

If my HC doesn't expect perfect execution, then I don't want him as a coach. You think Saban likes seeing his scheme operating at 80%?

Good enough gets you 6-6 bowl games.

You don't get what i am saying. Its the "faster " comments that i have fatigue with. Faster doesn't necessarily = better.
In his system, it does.
2b8662ee1180dce8a9fc10015891fa78.jpg

Not as a HC.

Point is, if you think he's not correct in his assessment that the gains will come in season 2, games 4-6 because he's underestimating the talent in the P5 - I think you're wrong.

He's been around NFL QB, NFL WR in the PAC 12, Big 10, Big 12, and BE as an assistant. Hes been coaching at a P5 school for 20 years.

He's got more relevant college experience installing this system than anyone not named Art Briles.

He also just went through a season in the ACC with this system and he's still saying that. He walked it back a touch before this season - but has gone back to it AFTER completing the season.

So, in conclusion- I trust his judgement over yours.

get the dome done to help our recruiting, which at this point is not really good. then WIN games. simple ----. i am all in on babers but he needs to helped out. i believe the ad is and chancellor are all in on supporting him. my problem is i am impatient, re the dome renovation as another recruiting class almost due. just saying

Have you looked at the rankings recently? And compared them to seasons past?

You don't get what i am saying. Its the "faster " comments that i have fatigue with. Faster doesn't necessarily = better.

Thats exactly what he's been talking about. They started out slow to get it, but by next season it will be run more effectively, faster.

So, this season: slow and inefficient (paint dry)
Next season: efficient and fast (clicking)

The system is simple, its not complicated. Its Dinos first year he needs "his" players by year 3 we should play in a bowl and year 4 compete for the ACC title

The system is simple, its not complicated. Its Dinos first year he needs "his" players by year 3 we should play in a bowl and year 4 compete for the ACC title
Actually, it's not. There are the baseline plays, then there are the variations of those plays, and the blocking schemes to match the baseline and the variations. Also, the ability to modify on the fly, get that out to the OL, and get that play off, all in under 20 seconds. Not an easy system at all.

Actually, it's not. There are the baseline plays, then there are the variations of those plays, and the blocking schemes to match the baseline and the variations. Also, the ability to modify on the fly, get that out to the OL, and get that play off, all in under 20 seconds. Not an easy system at all.
Which is why Babers has said you need a staff that has worked well together already, and all are on the same page in regards to the system.

This depleted offense just put up 61 on Pitt. With Zack. All indications are ED should be good to go. And Rex should be ready to contribute if need be. So the most important postion has quality and depth that's already been in his system a year. Devito should be able to RS adding even more depth. Building in for the RS/JUCO's adjustments, his prediction of clicking between games 4-6 continues to make a lot of sense.

Really like Babers' comments & optimism -- whether it makes total sense or not.

The questions might be -- what about fixing the defense, please (and I know he is working on it)? What about the newbies at TE, perhaps RB, two receiver spots, possibly a new starter or two on OL -- are they all ready to go at full speed by game 4?

It's how we're playing. Get on board or get out of the way.

Oh ok, pipe down, i understand how we are playing, i get it. I have been on board since day 1. Some of you just enjoy all the bravado stuff more than i do. I love Dino's personality and energy but there are times when you slow it down to get it right and there's nothing wrong with that.

Oh ok, pipe down, i understand how we are playing, i get it. I have been on board since day 1. Some of you just enjoy all the bravado stuff more than i do. I love Dino's personality and energy but there are times when you slow it down to get it right and there's nothing wrong with that.

Ok. Doesn't fully pass the smell test based on your posts, but I could be wrong.

Yeah, that time was last Spring.

According to the Head Coach, who is the only person that matters, he says we were well oiled crap the whole season and will be until about halfway next season.

And why would you assume that a P5 player would get his system in less time? They are more talented, not necessarily smarter. This is about muscle memory, recognition and repetition and Babers has said so himself, it takes time. And that time has been shown to HCDB to be between the 4th and 6th game of the second season.

Yes. He said directly the kids will flip from "thinking" to just "knowing" which is huge. With a new coaching staff that teaches by video & repetition and does not use a traditional playbook, that's the timetable especially when the OL gets it. The Tampa 2 can work the same way but all of this depends upon continued upgrades in talent.

This is the Briles way and most all of his disciples use this way to teach. It's special, unique and we are damn lucky to have DFB. I expect we get to a bowl game next year and great things year 3 unlike we've seen around here in a long time.

Have you looked at the rankings recently? And compared them to seasons past?
why would i do that?????we're not playing ourselves from years back. i compare it to our opponents and other d1 schools. to look back is rediculous. look to the here and now and don't care about comparing us to ourselves. have u looked at our current 2017 rankings????
anyway, they need to get the dome done to help him out.

He has zero estimation at the p5 level.
P5 has nothing to do with it. He is not talking wins and losses; he's talking understanding and executing. That learning curve is the same for all 18-22 Y.O. college footballers.

P5 has nothing to do with it. He is not talking wins and losses; he's talking understanding and executing. That learning curve is the same for all 18-22 Y.O. college footballers.

I beg to differ. What makes kids better recruits is not only their physical skills, but their perceived football acumen.

why would i do that?????we're not playing ourselves from years back. i compare it to our opponents and other d1 schools. to look back is rediculous. look to the here and now and don't care about comparing us to ourselves. have u looked at our current 2017 rankings????
anyway, they need to get the dome done to help him out.

Hmm. Okay.

The point is, if you're looking for signs things are getting better in recruiting you can look back and see a trend line.

As our recruiting gets better, we'll be ahead of more P5 teams.

Seems pretty straightforward.

I beg to differ. What makes kids better recruits is not only their physical skills, but their perceived football acumen.

And we've seen the system work at a P5 level with Baylor. And Dino beat Purdue, Indiana, and Maryland his first 2 years. But maybe Bowling Green just had access to guys with perceived football acumen that we're not privy to?

And we've seen the system work at a P5 level with Baylor. And Dino beat Purdue, Indiana, and Maryland his first 2 years. But maybe Bowling Green just had access to guys with perceived football acumen that we're not privy to?

Hey, i think it might click from day 1 in 2017. Just sayin the game 6 , year 2 thing is a bit much.

It's been his experience at his last two spots. He's no stranger to the P5 and knows what it will take.

I'll roll with his expertise.

So, you are taking SU and the points, in games 4 to 6 of season two?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom