Dino to be on CFP Coaches room | Page 9 | Syracusefan.com

Dino to be on CFP Coaches room

The interaction between Addazio and Dino was kind of strange.

Addazio would often disagree with Dino. Their fundamental philosophical differences were apparent. He wasn't rude but about the only times he talked were in response to things Dino said. I wonder if he was influenced by the director looking for some conflict? Or trying to show that he knows something about football too?

You can see why some players like Addazio. Personable, gruff, embodies old school toughness. He talks like he is a kid...lots of 'bros', 'dudes' and whoas' peppered in his sentences. But he just didn't get that you had to attack the man coverage against that great Bama defense to put points on the board.

Ruhle came off as very knowledgeable, likable and laid back. I suspect he will do well at Baylor.

Dino was good. Threw out some good natured barbs, made some good points, engaged in breaking down what was going on regularly. But it looked like he was reluctant to say a lot...maybe because he didn't want to dominate the show.
Doeren came off as inarticulate and boring. Why would anyone want to play for him? He isn't getting a gig in the broadcasting booth anytime soon.

The BYU coach had a little more personality but not much. Very quiet. The Colorado coach was somewhere in between.

spot on, although at times I wanted Ruhle to stop talking and hear some of the other guys. Felt like he was always making some sort of comment. Maybe it was more nerves on a big stage.

Dino got more comfortable as the night went on. I fell asleep at end of 3rd quarter so I might have missed even more interaction. I love the hand slapping and high fives with Rhule on offensive strategy agreements.

Overall, I thoroughly enjoyed the coaches rooms. Once again proving that I know nothing about the lingo or the X's and O's of football.

To be on a bigger stage, chance at a national championship?
I understand that.

Will always wonder what would have happened if he played his senior year at SU. He and Etta Tawo, along with Phillips, would have been really fun to watch play together.

If he comes, who knows if we take Etta-Tawo?
I understand that.

Will always wonder what would have happened if he played his senior year at SU. He and Etta Tawo, along with Phillips, would have been really fun to watch play together.

If he comes, who knows if we take Etta-Tawo?
I would hope we would have.

We had a couple open scholarships and we weren't exactly chock full of good WRs when Dino came on board.

That is still probably a year or two away.

I look forward to the day when we have a couple of 1000 yard WRs every year. We are not far from that...

Dino was fabulous, making fun of the Mormon missions (and he is right, 25 yo athletes are a different, more mature athlete) and calling out Doeren for being stiff. Cant stand Doeren. NCST and him have over the last few years become the rutgers of our division for me. Love me some Dino, he showed America is personality and football acumen.

Not sure why people are surprised by this.

Syracuse- offensively oriented. Move fast. Lots of throws. Quick decisions. Bend don't break d.

Bc- defensively oriented. Establish the run. Play action passes. Tough defense inside.

Everyone on this board knows the styles of each, so why would people be surprised when the head coaches of each school have different takes during the game?

Missed where people were surprised.

Jon Solomon ‏@JonSolomonCBS
1st time I've seen ESPN Film Room on a game. That's now my favorite, if for no other reason than to see how little coaches know about rules.

Just watched ESPN's Film Room of Alabama-Clemson. Steve Addazio honestly/hilariously suggested Clemson take a knee on PAT to burn 1 second.

Dino Babers had to tell Steve Addazio the clock doesn't move on PATs/2-point tries. Give me Babers over Addazio in a close game.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom