Dino wants more staff... | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Dino wants more staff...

Dino might need a new staff member to replace the one that might get into trouble for the scuffle. Does that count?

From everything I've read babers and wildhack have a good relationship and communicate often. Don't see the need for babers to passively aggressively ask for things through the media. Guessing it was a comment on Clemson not Cuse.

If you go back to Bailey's Twitter account, he complains about not gaining access from SU to Murphy & Byrne. Mentions it's the 3rd time in 3 weeks that he's asked for Byrne and been declined.

My guess is Bailey is looking at certain answers to questions with a different lens than a rational person would. Not saying he's being purposefully spiteful, but judging from a few of his answers and a couple of the chat answers, I don't think he and Babers are the best of friends.

I took it as a dig on Clemson. NCAA has staff limits -- pretty sure you are allowed 10 full tim coaches. Some schools like Clemson hire "quality control" type staff that swell up that number.

This is exactly it and the other times Bailey is referencing were Babers calling out Notre Dame because they had the same thing going on and it enabled them to fire their DC and replace him with a former P5 DC who was "on staff" but not on staff as a "quality control" type in a week's time.

If Babers wants more staff, I think the process is to go to the AD and request it. And I'm sure that is what he would do.

I refuse to believe that Babers is so stupid he would "go public" with such a request.

Exactly, its amazing the local media would create drama like this. Immature scumbags and amateur journalism.

Give Coach whatever he wants. He proved he can win and motivate players to compete with ACC talent and win. He knows what hes doing and what else he needs to improve on the field. Open up the check book for the future of the football program.

Give Coach whatever he wants. He proved he can win and motivate players to compete with ACC talent and win. He knows what hes doing and what else he needs to improve on the field. Open up the check book for the future of the football program.
The point everyone is making is that Babers never ever utttered a word about asking or wanting more staff. The tweet was completely a work of fiction.

CuseOnly said:
The point everyone is making is that Babers never ever utttered a word about asking or wanting more staff. The tweet was completely a work of fiction.
Ok let's make his job more easier for him now and give him what he feels we need. LGO!

Is Clemson's staff size more like the exception or the rule?

upload_2016-10-24_11-20-49.png

upload_2016-10-24_11-24-1.png

upload_2016-10-24_11-22-35.png

Crazy comparison.

So Clemson has four more people on the staff and Alabama has seven more?
At our first ACC game--vs. Clemson in the Dome three years ago--many of us in the stands we astounded by the number of uniformed personnel Clemson had on the field. I tried counting them, as well as I could, and I think they totaled about 35. That is guys working directly with Clemson players on the field, individually and in small groups. I don't think they are all listed in the above directory.

I think Rutgers had 100 people in their recruiting department at one time under Schiano and Flood

I think Rutgers had 100 people in their recruiting department at one time under Schiano and Flood

Let's test that for reasonableness. Without even thinking of NCAA rules.

100 people x $40.000 is $4M? If they spent $4M a year to get the low quality of player they have on the team right now, that's got to be the poorest yield for $16M since the Bernie Maddoff Fund. (4$ years x $4M is $16M)

The old days:

1959NC_Team_1959.jpg
The good old days. 56 players on the Varsity. And there was a freshman team as well. Then were guys they brought in to play FB who didn't make the 56 man team,

Let's test that for reasonableness. Without even thinking of NCAA rules.

100 people x $40.000 is $4M? If they spent $4M a year to get the low quality of player they have on the team right now, that's got to be the poorest yield for $16M since the Bernie Maddoff Fund. (4$ years x $4M is $16M)

they were students and admin types. work study. licking envelopes and sending out recruiting info.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom