Class of 2016 - Dino's On Fire | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2016 Dino's On Fire

Seems pretty much what we might have expected. Many verbals don't fit Dino's system so 8 or so have been encouraged to decommit. They are trying to take advantage of existing relationships, which are obviously kids that do fit. Not much talent differences, just better fits.

I think there is a bit of "best available" going on with positions of need. I would bet the staff would privately confess we have needs virtually everywhere and they are prioritizing as best they can. We need defensive linemen and need to grab what we can. Same goes for DBs and LBs. This group might actually be a pleasant surprise.

I don't expect any meaningful upgrade this class. All in all, I would guess we will be marginally better off when the class is final.

I think that that want to make a second run at some of the kids who might have been "reaches" when they were at Bowling Green. But now that he's coaching at a P5 job, he probably figures, "you fit what we are trying to do, and now we check that box. Do you want to reconsider us?"

I think that that want to make a second run at some of the kids who might have been "reaches" when they were at Bowling Green. But now that he's coaching at a P5 job, he probably figures, "you fit what we are trying to do, and now we check that box. Do you want to reconsider us?"

Agreed. And at the end of the day, any new coaching staff not at a factory are going to face an uphill battle pulling together a class in such a short timeframe. We saw that with Marrone / Shafer [both under different circumstances] in recent years. Babers and staff are facing some of those same challenges.

Hopefully they can line some quality prospects up, but I won't consider it a "failure" if this class falls a bit short. As IB stated above, winning is going to elevate our luster on the recruiting trail more than anything.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom