Dino's Week 5 ND Press Conference | Syracusefan.com

Dino's Week 5 ND Press Conference

Syracuse Football ‏@syrfootball
Dino on ND: they're wounded. Just like the cowboy movies you'll see who circles the wagons

Dino: Duke caught ND in a vulnerable position. We're going to get their best shot

Dino on playing at MetLife: I get that we get a lot of money. That's great. In the future I hope we get teams like that in the Carrier Dome

One follow note on MetLife: no more neutral site games are currently scheduled for SU

Dino: Dungey is not staring down wide receivers.

Dino asks aloud: can I get (coaching) analysts?

Dino on Franklin: he takes his work very seriously and he learns quickly. Guys look up to him.

Last edited:
Syracuse Football ‏@CuseFootball
"They're really good... We're going to get their best show no doubt" - @CoachBabersCuse

"Eric Dungey has relationships with the entire group, but he and Etta-Tawo just have a feel for one another." -@CoachBabersCuse

"UConn was a good family team win"

"Zaire [Franklin] takes his work seriously. He has high football IQ and does a nice job of getting everyone on the same page."

Last edited:
I wonder if the DO journo that asked the question about ED staring down his receivers is the same clown that said "he talks to scouts" and they question if this style of offense can put QB's in the NFL?

Maybe this is the same guy, Mettus, that wrote the one-sided article this morning. Young and dumb usually go together.

I wonder if the DO journo that asked the question about ED staring down his receivers is the same clown that said "he talks to scouts" and they question if this style of offense can put QB's in the NFL?

Maybe this is the same guy, Mettus, that wrote the one-sided article this morning. Young and dumb usually go together.
I don't think that was Mettus, think it was Tomer Langer.

the read comments really need to have people pay more attention. some of the reads dont mean look at one player then switch off.. sometimes it means see where the D goes and the WR/QB are hopefully on the same page so that the break is to the hole. you watch some of the passes that are off target and some of that is the players not both reading the same throwing lane. when you throw to one guy that means 10 other guys can step into the throwing lane and if the pre-snap read is correct then he knows which Wr he wants to go to and the best lane to throw into.

one thing you saw against Uconn is that they hardly every played the safety over the top and if your #1 guy is getting that coverage and can get a free release all the time you better be throwing to him alot.

the read comments really need to have people pay more attention. some of the reads dont mean look at one player then switch off.. sometimes it means see where the D goes and the WR/QB are hopefully on the same page so that the break is to the hole. you watch some of the passes that are off target and some of that is the players not both reading the same throwing lane. when you throw to one guy that means 10 other guys can step into the throwing lane and if the pre-snap read is correct then he knows which Wr he wants to go to and the best lane to throw into.

one thing you saw against Uconn is that they hardly every played the safety over the top and if your #1 guy is getting that coverage and can get a free release all the time you better be throwing to him alot.

I will never understand the concept of "we need to get more players involved". I disagree. We take what is given to us. If the CB can't cover him and they won't play a safety over top, and the read starts on his side, then you throw him the ball every..single..time.

I will never understand the concept of "we need to get more players involved". I disagree. We take what is given to us. If the CB can't cover him and they won't play a safety over top, and the read starts on his side, then you throw him the ball every..single..time.
I don't think Tawo has a big game vs ND. This is a game that we will look to Ish and Erv more.

I don't think Tawo has a big game vs ND. This is a game that we will look to Ish and Erv more.

Better athletes for ND as opposed to UConn but I could see AET going for 7-9 receptions for 110-130. I guess that is pedestrian compared to UConn, but reading the ND boards - it looks like they are afraid for their secondary. I think Ish or Bris will have their best game of the season

Why? ND's backfield may be worst than ours at stopping the pass.

We are 18 yards worse against the pass. ND can't really stop the run all that much - going to be interesting to see the gameplan

Better athletes for ND as opposed to UConn but I could see AET going for 7-9 receptions for 110-130. I guess that is pedestrian compared to UConn, but reading the ND boards - it looks like they are afraid for their secondary. I think Ish or Bris will have their best game of the season

Which board are you reading?

Uconn's Summers, who is still smoldering, was supposed to be one of the top CB's in the country. No way ND can match-up with ET without safety help. Could open things up for our slot receivers.

Uconn's Summers, who is still smoldering, was supposed to be one of the top CB's in the country. No way ND can match-up with ET without safety help. Could open things up for our slot receivers.

Good point on Summers. UConn also didn't give him any help over the top for most of the game (Can't blame them all that much with Summers but no real in-game adjustments to help out)

I thought that against UConn since they only had 1 good cover corner.

Tawo should probably be convicted for the abuse he laid on that defenseless aspiring NFL cornerback.

He's unstoppable.

I think ND will blitz a lot early and try to hit ED every chance they get, even if it means taking a couple of penalties. Getting to our bullpen might be their best chance at stopping us on offense.

Or open things up for the run with the need for a safety up top. #freefredricks

Kellys' Presser

Irish Illustrated ‏@PeteSampson_ 2h2 hours ago
Greg Hudson listed as “sideline” for his gameday position as Notre Dame’s new defensive coordinator.

Brian Kelly said he believes Notre Dame has made the “necessary changes” to get the team back on track.

Kelly on Kizer "The standard of play is not where we want it to be for him."

Brian Kelly said depth chart will expand to help more guys “feel like they’re part of the solution."

Brian Kelly cites Dexter Williams needs more work, even out with Josh Adams. Adds Asmar Bilal, Jay Hayes need more too.

“There’s too many good football players who haven’t been playing.” – Brian Kelly

"It’s inexperienced and it’s overused.” – Brian Kelly on the defensive talent

Kelly has talked about playing more guys before and it rarely actually happens. Curious if it actually takes this time.

“I think I’ve been a little too not as demonstrative. I think I need to be a little more fiery. I need to turn it up on the sidelines.”

Brian Kelly wants Notre Dame players to have more fun. Brian Kelly expects to be more animated/demonstrative on the sidelines.

There can’t be any confusion. We have to get lined up.” – Kelly on the keys to playing defense against Syracuse

The Texas defense 3-3-5 is not coming back.

Brian Kelly compares the passion of Greg Hudson to Dexter Williams. Interesting.

Brian Kelly asked about Malik Zaire handling being No. 2. “Ask me Thursday.” Less than an endorsement.

Devin Studstill had 67 plays when he missed that tackle on Duke’s game-tying TD. Kelly says needs a bigger rotation. “We gotta be smarter."

Brian Kelly said he talked to Bob Diaco about defending Syracuse and covering Etta-Tawo. Said size mismatch hurt.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom